Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The twisted ones.

"That is true Safiya, I will see what I can do about that" he puts his utensil down. " I understand Lyra, it is good that you were worried, its how we survive." Darkness stands up and looks around as Edd leaves. " and if you need me, you will know where I will be," he walks out of the kitchen and goes upstairs to his study, a small room with maps and artifacts along the wall. Darkness sits at his desk and starts to write in a leather-bound book.
Safiya Wells (played by DyingEmbers)

((I gtg, don't get into too many insane shenanigans without me!))
(( I must go as well, try not to burn the place down! that's not good word choice))
Lyra nodded, then picked up her bowl and placed it in the kitchen sink, she then headed upstairs to her room. She pushed open the door and walked in.

Inside the room there was a desk with a small laptop, several books, some paints, and a vase of flowers on top. Next to the desk stood an easel that held a canvas that was black save for the rough sketch of the view from the window Lyra’s bed was pushed up against. On the other wall stood a bookshelf, slightly dusty, full of books, and a few other trinkets and knickknacks.

Lyra sighed and flopped down on her bed, staring out the window into the forest below.
((I’m gonna go to sleep now as well, good night))
Edd (played by Pen_Tsunami) Topic Starter

Later that night, way later, when Edd was 98% positive everyone else was in bed, he opened his window quietly. The stairs were too noisy and so was the front door due to the hinges being worn. He quietly stepped outside, but slipped a little causing his arm to bang against his window really loudly. He was surprised it didn’t break! He was more surprised when no one came into his room. Maybe no one heard it? He lets out a sigh of relief after he waited 30 seconds before making his way down the roof carefully, and eventually reached the front porch where he hopped off of it and walked into the gloomy and spooky looking forest. He looked back at the house and smiles softly. “I’ll be back before anyone wakes up.” He whispered so quietly that not even the sharpest wolf or cat could hear it. It was his secret and his secret only, and well... there secret to. Edd came into the driveway when he suddenly saw a tall lingering figure that couldn’t be darkness, since it was slightly shorter. But he recognized the hair even if no one else did.

(( oh yeah, good morning! ))
Lyra couldn’t sleep, she was tossing and turning. She sat up, the abruptly jumped after hearing a loud bang. She didn’t know it was Edd, she thought it was just the sounds of the forest, but nonetheless she turned to look out her window. She looked looked out over the forest landscape and sighed. She could tell this was going to be a sleepless night.

Grabbing her glasses and putting them on, Lyra grabbed a book off her desk, then sat down in her bed to read.
Like Sentinel said, he had locked himself in his room and started working on various different weapons and incantations to combat the demons.
Snikch walked into the driveway after his "Job" was complete and was returning home from it. He was squeaking and jittering like he always did and he hungered for food, more specially meat. He walked to the front door ignoring Edd and entered the doorway and slamming the door shut behind him as kept rambling about his recent "Job".
Darkness was awoken by the first bang as Edd had left the house. Heck, he was awoken every time he left over the past few months, but he let him, he could protect himself, and if all else failed Darkness could find him simple enough. now the second bang is what worried him most, why was someone coming home this late?

Edd lets out a huff when Snikch passed him but after he saw the glaring eyes of a demon he stopped in his track before running up to it pushing it back. “They’ll kill you if they see you here! I told you I would be fine walking to the cabin by myself!” He smiles up at the tall demon the cinnamon brown hair who tilted his head. “Sorry for caring...” The demon looked away like a puppy who got yelled at which made Edds heart race. “Some of them can sense demon energy, it’s really dangerous...” He walked passed the demon and smiles back at him softly as the demon followed Edd down the secret path.
Darkness steps away from his window after seeing Edd leave. So that was he has been going, away with a demon, that explains why he sensed one nearly all the time, other than Sentinal of corse. Confront him in the morning, that's what he will do. Darkness takes his leather-bound book and goes downstairs and enters the kitchen, siting down at the table and starting to write in it.
Lyra put down the book she was reading and rubbed her eyes. She sighed and stood up, then grabbed a light blanket from her bed and wrapped it around her shoulders. She headed out of her room, clad in pajamas and blanket cape and headed down to the kitchen.

She grabbed a kettle and filled it with water, then placed it on the stovetop and turned the stove on. She opened a cupboard and took out a mug, then set it down on the counter, leaving the cupboard open. She poked her head into the room Darkness was in. “I’m making tea, would you like some?”
Darkness looks up, " that would be wonderful, thank you Lyra " he goes back to writing in the book.
“Alright.” Lyra takes a second mug down from the cupboard and sets it next to hers. She gets some teabags and places one in each mug. The kettle whistles and Lyra takes it off the flame before turning the stove off. She pours hot water into the two mugs and carries them out. She places one mug in front of Darkness and holds the other in her hands, the mug warmed her hands.
Darkness closes his book and holds his mug, taking a sip. " You can't sleep either, I take it? What's bothering you tonight?"
Lyra shrugged and took a sip of tea. “I just can’t seem to fall asleep, don’t really know why. I guess I do keep hearing strange noises from the woods and...” She sighed “one of them sounded really close, like right outside Edd’s window.” She sighed. “I know it’s probably nothing but...”

Edd and the tall demon walked besides each other. This has been happening for 3 years and Edds trust for the demon has grew larger and larger, but knew what Darkness would say about such a powerful and untrustworthy
creature staying in the manor would do. He knew Tord wasn’t like that tho, he was too quiet and gloomy to have any affect. The pair were a real sight due to how much they didn’t fit. One was short, wore normal clothes like a green hoodie and jeans with some black and white shoes while the other had fluffy caramel hair with deer like horns and how his hair stuck up like demon horns as well ( There’s a few pictures of them together in Edds gallery, not the demon version but you’ll get an idea on what he looks like UvU ). They both sat down under a tree near a cabin being overtaken by grass. “Is it getting better?” The demon looked down at the short boy where he shook his head. “It’s getting worse...” He murmured as he hugged his legs. “Maybe we can draw together? You want to improve your shoes right?” He smiles up at the demon who looked away. “W-well... maybe tomorrow night...”
Darkness sighs, " glad I am not the only one, I saw him go into the forest, thats the main reason I am down her in the first place, to make sure that he will know the rules when he comes back in the morning. " he takes another drink of his tea.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The twisted ones.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus