Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Heyo

JetReigns

Yo, I’m new here. Just trying to figure out how to jump back into RP after taking a break for a few years.

I really don’t know where to begin. I’ve been experimenting with AI assisted writing for the past year or so, and it has overwhelmed me with inspiration and ideas that I’m dying to try out. The uncanny nature of AI stories helped me realize how much I enjoy bizarre, dream-like worlds full of monsters and magical nonsense—so that’s my number one interest right now.

Beyond surrealism, I love adventure, fantasy, sci-fi, and romance. I like games, anime, and manga too, so sometimes I’m interested in exploring canon/fandom settings that I’m familiar with.

That’s the catch, by the way. When it comes to being a fan of something, I’m as casual as casual gets. There isn’t much I’ll recognize. But hey, I know MHA!
Hey JetReigns! Welcome to RPR!

I'm curious. How do you actually do AI assisted writing? Is there a specific application you're using? Sounds like it could maybe be a good tool to get out of a writing slump once in awhile! :)
Rogue-Scribe

Heyo JetReigns! Welcome to RP Repository!
Hey there. Welcome to the RPR
JetReigns Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Hey JetReigns! Welcome to RPR!

I'm curious. How do you actually do AI assisted writing? Is there a specific application you're using? Sounds like it could maybe be a good tool to get out of a writing slump once in awhile! :)
Thanks!
There are a few. People might recognize Talk to Transformer, but most aren’t aware of Write With Transformer which isn’t limited to a single paragraph, and typically comes with editing tools. However, the one I use is AI Dungeon. It’s amazing once you get the hang of it. It runs on GPT-3 instead of GPT-2, which is a more advanced AI model.

By default, it’s structured kind of like an RP adventure story where the AI is your dungeon master. However, if you use the /story command instead of /do or /say, it can adapt to novel format. It also comes with memory and world info which are tools you can use to teach the AI about characters and the world.

Lots of users have published “generators” that allow you to feed the AI tags and genres, which it can use to make up prompts, worlds, locations, characters... Anything, really. So yeah, great for writer’s block. It’s just a bit tough to learn how to use the AI effectively.
pixl.Bee

Hey Jet, and welcome! :3 Glad to have you aboard! I love the writing with AI stuff, though I haven't done it in awhile... Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here, and that you find plenty of good friends and RP partners. Feel free to ask for help with anything (if you need to), and happy internetting!
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
Bunny-bubblegum

Welcome to rpr!!
𝒢𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎!

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!♡
Icysoul

Hi! Welcome!
Hello and welcome to RPR!

AI interaction with chat rooms and storytelling is super interesting. There is this AI Webtoon that I have been reading recently that has pulled my attention into the world of it. Definitely, a lot of dark and spook avenues you can go with it.

Anywho though, if you ever want to talk about character stuff, plots, world building...etc I am always game. I am a High Fantasy writer but delve into various other platforms including cyberpunk.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and get some great writing experiences.
Raspberry_Beret

Hello! Welcome to RPR!
Heya, welcome to RPR. You'll find lots of awesome people, places, things, verbs, adjectives, nouns.... you name it! Here are a few things that may help you to get started. :D

Find RP: is a great way to look for ads other players have put up looking for other players to join in and collab in a game that already has some seed of a plot.

LFRP: Is much the same as Find RP, but you can put up your own ad that can be seen by anyone in the applicable filters.

In both cases you can use filters to find exactly what you are looking for for your optimal RP experience. Also, don't forget about GROUPS, where you can find whole worlds to RP in with other people.

Happy gaming!! See ya around! <3
Hello and welcome to the site!!
Kim Site Admin

OH WOW THIS AI WRITING THING IS AMAZING

Welcome to the site! Let us know if you have any questions, we'd all be happy to help :)
Hey and welcome. I'm honestly curious about AI assisted writing. Do you mean like speech to text or something completely different?
JetReigns Topic Starter

fiesch wrote:
Hey and welcome. I'm honestly curious about AI assisted writing. Do you mean like speech to text or something completely different?
Nope, not speech to text. I explained a few messages up.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Heyo

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus