Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Would You Rather... (IC)

"Hamburgers. I had a bad experience with hotdogs when I was in high school."

"Anyways, would you rather have to live in another city from your family or live with your family even if it meant giving up your dream?"
Sherlock Holmes (played by Atheist)

"Easy," Sherlock waved a dismissive hand. "Away from my family. They are far too smothering for my tastes."

He gave the doctor something akin to a smile. "I certainly hope you've considered my advice from before, Doctor. Introspection and the violin go hand-in-hand, you see."

"What would you rather endure? Blunt-force trauma or lacerations?"
"It would depend on the circumstances, greatly", Light mused, entertained by the detective's question. "All sort of considerations and variables come into play. In what circumstances? With what resources available? Lacerations might be quicker to tend in a situation where you got to keep moving - assuming there are the means for any form of first-aid.. Blunt force trauma might bring forth more problematics over long-term consequences. but depending on the gravity, it'd get easily treated in an actual medic facility - assuming you have the time to stop at one. Then there's the issue of actual amount of damage sustained. But if I was to pick one blindly, like a shoot in the dark... I'd go with lacerations, probably."

Behind the mask, her eyes narrowed in thought. "Supposing you stood against a supernatural enemy - would you dread more someone with telepathic abilities, who can read in your thoughts and predict your moves, or someone with telekinetic abilities who can literally fight you with just their minds before you're close enough to physically attack them?"
Tera Aeternae (played by Sorrisky)

Tera's laugh was forceful and shaky at best as they pondered the question. Heavily scarred hands wrapped together as they tapped the respective knuckles neurotically. "Telepathic abilities..." The ragged voice barely spoke loud enough for most to hear, only raising it slightly to continue. "The ability to predict every step a foe will make guarantees in most cases a self-assumed victory. How curious something like that'd be...I wonder what drawbacks come with that..."

The haggard alchemist looked into the distance as thoughts scrawled across their face. Tera's hands unclasped with a sudden culmination, and an equivalently battered journal was pulled out with feverish intent. Opening it up, Tera cleared their throat before a finger landed directly on a page. "What'd fancy you more, traveling multiple planes of existence but never be capable of taking notes or stay stuck in one set location but have the knowledge of it all at your fingertips?"
Yaazecsus (played by Leighoflight)

“Oooohhh, now that is a question indeed! I am already able to travel across multiple realms and I rarely take notes. Being all powerful and stuck in one location would drive me insane! Even if I was essentially a god in a shoebox.”

“Now….hmmm….”

“Something simple. Would you rather have unrestricted power or unlimited love in your life?”
"So much for simple! Unlimited love carries the potential for unlimited suffering as well. Power, on the other hand.. could be a safer bet, but then again, it would almost surely lead to the ever-ending hasse as the world at large would try to compete for it. Of course, unlimited power could also mean that opponents would not stand chances... " She thought about it for some instants, then sighed." I'll still go with love, yeah I know, softie and all that. Unlimited heartbreak, well... I'm familiar with it."

She shook her head, as if she could push the wishful musings off with the same ease.

" Next question, hmmm... let's change to something more prosaic. Would you rather prefer roast or grill? " For some unexplainable reason, the question seemed to spark a slighty amused smirk in her eyes - but surely it wad just a trick of the light.

No pun intended.

Well, maybe.
Hard choice, they're both delicious. If I absolutely had to pick one it'd be a grill because you're more up-close and personal with the cooking than with a roast.

On a similar note, here's one I've heard a lot with my fellow Dragonborn: If you had to pick between flying and swimming which would you choose?
Sairsk Akkyo (played anonymously)

"I can do both well, but I'd rather fly, there's places more important higher up."

"Hey, my friends always ask me, would I prefer to be able to put people together as soul mates or would I be with my soul mate, so, how about it?"
Rammstien Björn (played by Alidal)

"Hmm. Quite an interesting question, indeed. I would choose to be a matchmaker; falling in love then watching my partners die wouldn't be much fun."

"I've got a good one. If you could choose between being an only child or having a twin, which option would you pick? I know what I would choose..."
"Two of me would be twice the fun! But who am I kidding! I would ditch the dumb little brother person. So... would you rather move every year and briefly have really good friends that you would only know for a year or stay in the same place, have stability, but bland, boring friends?"
Usera (played by Riik)

"I think I would rather move. I don't live in one place anyway. That would be boring. Can I take my friends with me, though? I suppose if those friends are animals like most of my friends, that means I can't... not without being mean, at least. In fact, I have met a lot of really friendly and fun and interesting animals and had to say goodbye to them a lot anyway. And I don't think I want to change anything about that part of my life."

"If you had to pick a side between nature and civilisation, which would you choose? Oh sorry... I have to say 'Would you rather'... alright, would you rather side with nature or side with civilisation?"
Valen Doe (played by MeatCathedral)

"Huh...that's tough. My very existence defies a whole lotta laws of nature...And civilization does make all the stuff I like... but nature is used for that stuff, I guess...." He twists one of the pins on his head like a wind-up toy key. "...Nature! Civilizations are replacable."

"Would you rather be a zombie with no living memories, or a ghost with all your living memories?"
The Shathrallan grumbled, smoothing out the dense protective fabric of their jumpsuit. "A zombie, I suppose. If I'm not around to protect it, I don't want to see what happens to my empire after I'm gone."

"Would you rather die protecting your home, or retreat knowing that without you its doomed to burn?"
The words were followed by a tense pause, a silence almost painful.

"Retreat." Behind the vixen mask, Cris's eyes were hollow. "But only if I could take my family with me. Home is where the heart is." Even though she was looking right ahead of her, it couldn't have been clear that what danced before her eyes were images of the past.

It took some time before she snapped out of it. "Would you rather follow the call of adventure or that of reason?"
Ella Gold (played by Dib2435)

" Following the call for sure. Don't get me wrong I love my father dearly, but I am not taking up the family business! I am not that good at law. I could fail at being a lawyer in a week! "

" Would you rather have a cat or a dog "
Bentley (played by Rayne_Storm)

"Well, I love both but I'd rather have a cat because they're so fluffy!"

"Would you rather be turned into a vampire or stay how you are?"
Ratnia Pulls (played by lleuadamaris_)

*She looked at herself, then saw Bentley with a poker face.*

You're kidding me, right?... I think both would be the same for me.

*The vampire exclaimed sarcastically, and then continued with the questions*

Let's see, would you prefer to eat with a lot of spice for a whole month or with a lot of salt for a whole month?
"I'd have to say salt, but I really need to start watching my intake," Gary replied. "Would you rather play games on a computer or game console?"
Carrot Dalgliesh (played by Alidal)

Computer. I do it for a living. ;)

If you had to go bald or never wear shoes, which would you choose?
Olivia Davidson (played by Felicia_Marie2000)

"Defiantly not wear shoes! I hate wearing shoes anyway so that would be a better option then going bald...." Olivia admitted. "Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?" she asked.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Would You Rather... (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus