Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Definitely the Duchess (played anonymously)

"Is your sister also a spirit of winter who tends a single rose all year round for the purpose of embueing it with hospitality warm enough to hold back winter ice?" The Duchess asks of pan in confusion.
Lylith (played by SilentSybil)

Hades would have been good at the rhyming challenge, he was a very sneaky devil amd always made persephone giggle. Ach! Yuck! Love.
" shes a time traveling half crow hybrid who had one of the largest collection of plants in the world" he said to the duchess
Wander (played anonymously)

Wander gets off of the chair, "Someone else can have it, I'm going to try and get some coffee"
Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

Elliot cleared their throat. "There once was a man from venus.... no wait... that's a bad one.... if I should try to make a rhyme, amongst the snow this winter time, this demon's maw producing words, beneath the trees, below the birds, then what should come of our fair group? But man, could I use some tasty soup. Mmm.... soup...." Elliot seemed to zone out for a moment. "Uh.. oh, um.... how was that...?"
Mari Lwyd (played anonymously)

The jaw of the horse skull begins to work up and down, and a slightly drunk voice emerges from under the sheet.

"Though in the past I've begged for booze,
this year it's a rose I choose!
For through booze brings cheer
these flowers create a party without peer!
It is I, the Mary Lwyd, who is fierce in rhyme
Who will challenge me and end my spree of crime?"

Lylith's ears perked when she heard the word coffee. She maneuvered around people and snuck around others until she too was looking for the hot liquid of perfection.

"Hey ma'am could you help me?" Wander asked the girl trying to avoid people, "I can't see anything on the tables."
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

Byrd looks around, waiting for a moment to see if anyone else intends to accept the Mary Lwyd's challenge. She's not the best at rhymes, but she's willing to help if she's needed. After all, it's the least she could do for being invited to such a grand -- and somewhat confusing -- party.
Rhens approached Mary Lwyd, smiling cheerfully under his mask. "If it is words of matching sounds you seek, allow this man so humble and meek. I'll give you a show if you promise to go."

Freezing mid-step, she looked down at the strange creature and then looked behind her before understand it meant for her help. "Um..." she looked down at the black galaxy like dress persephone had forced her in. "Yeah..." Lylith squatted down, her tail lifted up to keep from touching the floor. "Do I...pick you up?"
Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

((Back! Sorry about that))

"Lots do that, but if you have another way I'd prefer that." Wander said, "And if you are wondering I'm closely related to cats in how I liked to be picked up"

"Wait... are we talking like... poetry rap battle here?" Elliot asked. "Rap battles were all the rage the last time I was down in the underworld. Not that I ever took part in any. Nobody down there worth my time."
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

"Of course a horse who rhymes in time would seek a rose so pale. I'd toast this ghost with haste for taste... yet white in winter's gale?"

It was hard to say with the cloth-masked individual had slunk in, yet there he was, his voice clear, and his tone mocking by the end.
As two contestants moved in to challenge the Mari Lwyd, Light crossed her arms and watched in wry amusement. She was not one for rhyming, but she could follow the verbal spar as well as everyone else.

"My name is Ellie and I'm here to say," Elliot quietly tested out, mostly to themselves. "I hate skeletal horses in a major way. That... that's pretty much how a lot of those rap battles went. Minus the skeletal horse part."
" does music satisfy your taste, if that it true, than let's make haste" he said as he pulled out his guitar again

Cats...yuck...Her canine instincts almost had her growl, but she forced it down. It was not her fault she was here. "All I have are my hands I'm afraid. No powers or special abilities in my fluff." Her hand reached up under the creature, three of her fingers sliding up between the front two legs as support before lifting it up. "Is that alright?"
Mari Lwyd (played anonymously)

"A tisket, a tasket, a rose filled basket
I rhyme so hard you'll soon be in a casket
Challenge me only if your poetry is strong
Otherwise I'll defeat you in the medium of song!"

The horse skull is thrown back in a drunken laugh, and then it continues,

"Oh yes, it's not just prattle
it's a full-on rapping battle.
See if you can give me a poetry slam
Or all the duchess' will stay in a jam!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus