Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Wander (played anonymously)

"Yep, it's fine"
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

Byrd let out a little sigh of gratitude when Rhens spoke up, then another small huff of relief when she heard someone else rhyming. At least she wouldn't have to attempt out-wording the Mary Lwyd just yet -- she might just doom them all. She eyed the newest stranger curiously before glancing over her shoulder and moving to stand near Light Raygun, who also seemed to be observing the "rap battle".

Two others began to rhyme as well, and Byrd continued to watch in fascination.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

Tentatively, uncertainly, the Duchess we're pretty sure is from THIS reality got up and began to greet the new comers, keeping one nervous eye on the Mari Lywd and all those that would challenge it.
Aquatic Wyverian (played by Samiakki)

The Aquatic Wyverian put a hand to their chest. "I knew there was a mastermind," they muttered in wonder. They, too, stand near Light Raygun and Byrd. A glance is cast between them. "If only your average axe-swinging hunter would engage in tests of lyrical wit instead of arm-wrestling, yeah?"

A pause. ". . . naaaah! Arm-wrestling is way better."
Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

Elliot remained on the Duchess's shoulder. Ordinarily, they might seek out the opportunity to show off, but after earlier events, they didn't want to end up humiliating themselves. Besides, some of the others seemed confident enough that they should be allowed their turn.
Ollie (played anonymously)

Realizing he smelled another canine scent, Ollie the golden retriever and Bestest Boy went trotting over to Lylith, sniffing at her and gently wagging his tail.
Lylith (played by SilentSybil)

Lylith let out a small smile before looking at the tables. The strange skulled man rhyming at one of the tables made that one a no-no to go to. She was almost certain they were one of hade's goons. So indeed she stayed at the far tables. She could smell the coffee, but she couldn't see it.
"Perhaps a rattle for this battle, oh what a hassle to prevent the loss of this castle. I see you know your way about words, you challenge us with a verbiage herd. You are outnumbered but you face us as equals, my mind may be encumbered but we are challengers in this challenge of rebuttals."
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

Byrd glances at the Wyverian, a brief smile crossing what was visible of her features. "I do enjoy a good arm wrestle from time to time."
Light took notice of Byrd's approach, giving her an imperceptible nodd of greeting. Then she glanced at the Wyverian and nodded wryly. "Agreed, but I wonder... would someone who has such skill with wordplay be equally skilled at detecting slight of hand?" The question had been asked quietly, so that only Wyverian and Byrd could really hear. "If I've learned anything at green table is that the eye can boggle the mind - and if the mind's boggled, maybe the tongue can slip and give the opponent an advantage."
" my dear friend, let's bring this to an end, this challenge is quite funny, like an old song with a bunny. although I would love to stay, but I have something to do today. you humor me my dear, but that's no reason to fear, and as my song comes to an stop, I would like this to now drop" he sang out while playing his guitar

Another canine approached her, the surprise had her almost drop the cat creature and almost shift right there and then. "Greetings." She pushed out to the dog as her nerves relaxed.

"Hello! I'm Ollie! I'm a good boy and I can talk!" Ollie reports with great merriment, gently wagging his tail. "What do you have? Is that a cat? Can I have it?"

"I'm not a cat, I'm a Sylveon"

"Oh, it's you! You're Wander. Do you want to be chased now?"
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

Noting the guitarist, the humble fiddler drew out his instrument as well. Why not add a little music?

"A rap, a tap, and here come strings!
Let bones and stones and wood all sing!
You grin and sin - so, to, do I
How far, ye Mar', til bid goodbye?"

"I'm looking for coffee, ask me afterwards"

She lifted the creature higher when she was asked for it to keep it. "Uuuh." Lylith tried to coax it to her shoulders. "Yes, coffee."
Mari Lwyd (played anonymously)

((I feel like Fiddler was waiting in ambush for the Mari Lwyd battle XD))

((I do too))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus