Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone Still around?

So, does anyone on this site still even role play? I've had two groups open for a while now and not even one person has joined even though they are set to public, so it makes me wonder if this website is even active.
It's certainly active. Are you actively advertising? Building groups is never easy!
This site is quite active!
I'm active but a few of my games have slowed to a crawl. Most of the games I'm in are private games, so my activity may not be obvious to others.
I am in several rps, but most of mine is either in pms or in groups so it's not very visible. But yes, you should advertise your groups or it is unlikely you will attract the kind of people you are looking for.
Yes, I’m around and very active, but since I RP in 18+ groups my activity won’t show up on the public forums.

A high number of people RP in semi private groups or through PMs and likewise, you won’t see their activity.
ChebaTheBee

I'm still around. Just roleplaying in DMs as usual.
I either RP in DMs or on Discord, using the site as more of a charsheet storage option in the case of Discord RP.

Groups are a thing you need to keep up with. I have one that people are welcome to join, but it also dipped without me actively overseeing it and advertising for it. (It'll likely revive once I have the energy to actually do the things I wanted with it...) Just advertise and make sure your group's front page looks nice and you will probably find at least a few regs. :)
I am active but mostly in private 1 : 1 role-plays, off-site role-plays, and I am transitioning into a new job with totally different hours so my body is adjusting. 😅

I still post in the Forum Games when inspiration hits me but I got a little discouraged for a bit and have focused mostly on my job and private RPs.

Know where to look, my friend, and advertise your interests. There are communities as well to search for and I genuinely hope you find a place to let the imagination do it's thing. 😊
Pretty sure this website isn't real, its just a collective hallucination we all experience at the same time.
RoundTableKing wrote:
Pretty sure this website isn't real, its just a collective hallucination we all experience at the same time.

Can I hallucinate myself permanently epic and with amazing character art? :P
-yawns lazily- im still here…mostly in Pms so yeah were still active lol.
I tend to RP private and on Discord. Tend to avoid public RP's purely due to the rating limitation. Saying that I have found a lovely RP partner through one particular public RP thread.

feFs1ZY.png
I remain active, though entirely within PMs. I find public role playing chaotic and unstructured, with a tendency to die quickly.
I am active too. I just recently returned from a long pause, but I am back. I mostly take my rps to PMs or discord.
JonathanBlackgate wrote:
So, does anyone on this site still even role play? I've had two groups open for a while now and not even one person has joined even though they are set to public, so it makes me wonder if this website is even active.

I’ve been on this site for a bit and it’s always active, a few recurring users spotted but always new folks to. I would say my issue is that maybe 70 precent or more rpers that I see here are either rping one of these three;

Fandoms

Anime

Slice of life/school/school, but there’s a twist

And on top of that, usually not as literate as me giving short and quick responses.

There is nothing wrong with this, I believe in everyone having their fun and there was a time that I also rped like that when I was younger. But the issue stems from that I absolutely do not RP like that and I often strive for unique and original ideas, and rping with folks who are detailed and literate in their responses. But, not just in this website but on nearly every site I’ve been to, those sort of parameters are really hard to come by. It has almost made me given up on rping more then once because I get unmotivated opening up my inbox and seeing 0 messages because nobody wants to try out my rps, and I can’t find any RP that I want to be in lol. And it makes me feel like the place is inactive when in reality, I’m just searching for what must be a diamond in the rough.
MangoNekros

I'm here for like 8 hours a day and even then i'm chugging along on 1 rp. If anyone wants to rp i'd be more then happy to fill my empty rp well
This post has become so hilarious on so many different levels.
RoundTableKing wrote:
This post has become so hilarious on so many different levels.

Considering the OP of this thread has never bothered to check back, I kind of tend to agree. No one here needs to justify how or how often we RP. <3
DeathandtheMaiden

I'm active and so are my friends and the groups we're in.

However, the OP may be from one of the countries that's going through this nightmare. There's nothing on their profile so it's just a guess.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone Still around?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus