Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Neurodivergent Ramblings: An Introduction

Hello! My name is Aura, and I am 27. I love to write, sing, listen to music, play video games, and spend time with animals and out in nature. My ability to spend time in nature is limited by my disabilities, but I enjoy it in what ways and which places I can. I am immunocompromised, and I have to use a walker, but luckily I have a strong support system, and I am not without help. As someone who used to be in a much worse situation I am grateful for all the love, support, and acceptance I have now.

The reason I think my disabilities are worth mentioning is because I want to make sure the people who reach out to me on this website have the kindness, compassion, and patience that I need in my RP partners because sometimes I am just not well enough to write, and sometimes I do need to take breaks. I want to meet RPers who don't mind if we ever have to take a break and who will still be happy to write with me again after.

Creative writing has been a passion of mine since I first learned how. I wrote a whole book when I was 10, but I haven't finished writing a novel since then. I have ADHD, so sometimes it can be hard too stick to one writing project, especially if I'm doing it by myself. I do hope to be an author one day, especially given I am not capable of working a regular 9-to-5 job, but in the meantime RPing is a lot easier and more fun. I was in gifted English when I was in school. It was my best subject. Math was my worst. πŸ˜…

I am autistic, and I know there is a lot of stigma around autism, but unless you are actually autistic too I don't think I will be the type of person you imagine when you picture autism. But as an autistic I have special interests, and some special interests that I often like to incorporate into my writing include psychology, social justice, and crime (please note that a special interest in crime does not mean I am a dangerous criminal or approve of dangerous criminals, but rather it means I find criminal activities and everything that goes into them fascinating and have a passion for learning more about it). I also like writing other themes, so inquiries are welcome. I prefer to write with adults because of my tendency to lean towards mature - and sometimes graphic - themes.

While I have been writing for the majority of my life it has not always been in the form of RP. I started RPing probably close to a decade ago, but I took almost a year-long break after a lot of difficult and life-changing events that occurred last year, so this is me trying to finally get back into it. I may be a little rusty, but I am a good writer. I have many friends - some of which I met on RPing websites like this one - who have said so. I do tend to write lengthier and more detailed RPs, and I prefer to write with others who do the same, but I don't have anything against other writing styles. We're all here to have fun, so I think everyone should RP in whichever style is most fun for them. It's okay if my writing style is not compatible with yours, and vice versa.

I know a lot of people take it personally when someone "ghosts," them, but I don't. If a big life event comes up and notifying your RP partners isn't at the top of your priority list I think that is more than reasonable. I do appreciate updates when my RP partner stops writing for a while if and when it is possible and convenient, but I don't expect it because the truth is that no one really knows what is going on in their RP partner's lives, and I don't think it is right to demand that of anyone. When it comes to me, I do try to let my RP partners know if I am going on a hiatus or to update them on why I haven't replied for an extended amount of time, but I do set the boundary that those I write with do not demand my attention or an explanation when I don't reply in the time frame convenient for them. I think mutual respect like this is very important.

Besides that I do love the idea of becoming friends with my RP partners, but I have no intention of trying to force a friendship. This means if you want to get to know each other - within the confines of community guidelines here on RPR - I am open to it, but if you don't want to that is perfectly fine too. Of course, the main reason I am here is to RP, and friendship is not required for that. It would just be an added bonus.

But anyway, I have a tendency to ramble, and I'm sure I could go on forever, but I think this introduction is more than long enough already. If anyone wants to ask questions to get to know me more, wants to talk in general, or thinks they might be interested in writing with me feel free to let me know!
Hi Aura! Welcome to RPR from a fellow 'rambler'. I'm fairly new here myself. It is an awesome place!
Nice to meet you and welcome to RPR, Aura! I hope you enjoy it here - the community is real awesome and I'm sure you'll settle right in no time!
Hello Aura! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
Spooky_101

π™·πšŽπš•πš•πš˜ πšŠπš—πš πš πšŽπš•πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšπ™Ώπš! 𝙸 πš‘πš˜πš™πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŽπš—πš“πš˜πš’ πš’πš˜πšžπš› 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒 πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ. π™·πšŠπšŸπšŽ 𝚊 πš—πš’πšŒπšŽ 𝚍𝚊𝚒/πš—πš’πšπš‘πš/πšŠπšπšπšŽπš›πš—πš˜πš˜πš—
Thank you for being so open and honest. Speaking for myself, I love that kind of transparency. I hope you find lots of love and support on this forum, as well as plenty of RP.

With that said, welcome to RPR! ^_^
Welcome to RPR! I hope that you enjoy your stay Aura!
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Site Rules
This should be your first step. It details expectations for you using the site itself, and carries over to the forums, as the forums are part of the site.

Forum Rules
This should be your next step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)
Welcome to RPR, we hope you enjoy your time here and find the rps and people you are looking for!
AuraLove Topic Starter

You're all so warm and welcoming. Thank you so much, everyone! 😊
Aya

Welcome to RPR, Aura!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome on in!! As a fellow disabled and neurodivergent person, I have a feeling you'll fit right in here. ;) Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!
PinkBrat

Welcome! You sound like a fun person! Love your elf, too. Hope you have fun while you're here!
HELLO AND WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
Welcome to RPR!!
Welcome to the site!
Welcome to RPR,
πŸ‘οΈAura!πŸ‘οΈ
giphy.gif
Hello welcome to our home of RPR we are glad you chose this site to call home for your roleplaying if your stuck or feeling lost come ask anyone we will always help with a smile on our faces!
Hi welcome! Hope you feel right at home in this wonderful community!
welcome.gif

Hope you enjoy your time here!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Neurodivergent Ramblings: An Introduction

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus