Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » What does your username mean?

It is! Of course, though, there's the argument (that I think does hold water) that even if the species is cloned, they won't "be" thylacines because they'd have none of the learned behavior taught to them, and their environmental niche may not so easily be stepped back into, anyway. Still, the idea of undoing even moderately something we'd [REDACTED]ed up so wonderfully is appealing.
My very first character went by Atty, it being short for Atreyu. So I used it for everything rp related.
There's no hidden agenda behind my name, I just put words together and thought it sounded cool.
Real name's Alexandra. Sasha is a sort of nickname or shortening for Alexandra or Alexander commonly used in eastern europe. Note that my parents are from Russia and Belarus. And yeah, doesn't take a lot of imagination to go from Sasha to Sashetha. It was in fact just a thing I came up with on the spot when making a character name in an rpg once. XD
Just my name - Weronika (pronounced exactly the same way as the American spelling of the name) - with an 'us' instead of an 'a'.
It's a username I use on most sites. I picked it up from my friend as a twelve year old xD I wanted to join the same site she was on, but didn't know what nickname to give myself. So I copied her idea - the name plus an 'us', giving it a bit Roman feel to it.
She wasn't too happy about it back then, but ah well.
rat wrote:
i was wondering about yours myself, jay. it always struck me as having an interesting story behind it. :D

:'D That's really just the short version of it, honestly. Haha...

There's a lot of things that came up, but the most emotionally changing one was when I realised that I felt caged and trapped at home with all these hospital visits and chemotherapy treatments when going through cancer and all that. So I wanted a name that represented all my desires in a simple way.
rat Topic Starter

gosh, four pages, hello everybody!
it's so nice to see our community gather like this. :D i'm enjoying reading all of these!
I'm an anatomy major. During bone formation, Tetracyclines are incorporated into the new bone. Tetracyclines fluoresce under black light, so you can determine bone growth via the presence of tetracyclines.
Therefore; NeonVertebrae. (I know neon and Fluorescence are two different things things.)
I plan on becoming a detective in my life. I also love detective characters
My real name is uncommon enough that I could've gotten away with using it and claiming that I made it up, but I thought it looked cooler with a z in it. I think the first time I used this username was when I was setting up my YouTube account. The other username I use commonly is Bricasha, which I made up on the fly when I was joining an MMO that my best friend liked (I think it was Runescape). In general, I use brilziana for social sites like tumblr and Bricasha for games where it's essentially a character name, though of course there have been exceptions.
Mine is from my cousins I was hanging at their house and since my name is Mary they were trying to find a nickname for me and we sorted through tons then my cousin for some reason started talking about Meer cats and then they said "Meercat... Mary... MARCAT!" and I liked then name so I use it for practically everything then the year 2001 is just a year very dear to me XD. Oh and it's pronounced Mar like in Mary and Marry not Mar like in Marvin. :D
I've said it way too much already but Ember is an alias I use on the Internet and Regaia is a world I'm fleshing out.
The10thWorthy

I often have to explain my username, as it appears understandably odd at first glance.

There is a sculpture in Germany that dates back to the thirteenth century, depicting nine of the most legendary of figures; Hector, Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Joshua, David, Judas Maccabeus, King Arthur, Charlemagne, and Godfrey of Bouillon.
It is named Neun Gute Helden. The Nine Good Heroes as it is translated, or The Nine Worthies.
I think it is glorious, and truly inspiring... And so I basically just dubbed myself the tenth. XD
KhajiitHasWares

BTwwOdRIUAA4ZuD.jpg

I like Skyrim
Contronym means a word with two meanings that are opposite of each other.

--
Cause I'm just plain 'ol strange.
I choose the name ForeverDreamer mainly because, for some strange reason, I experience some very unusual and cool dreams when I sleep. Since I can't remember every major detail about the dreams, I sometimes wish that someone can get inside my head, and write down many details about what I experience from them. That, and I do like to sleep a lot because of this.

Hmm... Maybe I should call myself "TheSleeper" Although that sounds kinda odd.
I started writing stories when I was about 10, and I used to read them to kids at the school library. I fancied myself quite the writer back then, and I continued writing into my teens, were I became obsessed with the band Flyleaf. A quite from one of their song is "I just held the pen that day", and it somehow got stuck in my mind. The song is named Penholder, so I adopted it, thinking it fit my personality.
Humding3r

I was looking up thesauruses for 'cool' and 'awesome' and stuff like that. Humdinger came up.

humdinger
noun, Informal.
1. a person, thing, action, or statement of remarkable excellence or effect.

It sounded interesting, complicated, and sophisticated. I like interesting, complicated, and sophisticated, so I decided to use it for my username on Roblox, but Humdinger was taken. So I just decided to replace the 'e' with a '3'.

And thus, Humding3r was born, and I used it for the rest of my account names ever since.
When I was younger I used to play A LOT of fantasy games and always found a weapon called a raider jack (which I now know may not have been real) so I just added a number and a dash...yep that's it(...and after some research I know it's actually the name of a sports bar)
Claine Moderator

We were getting name-badges for work and we had to write our name in a box, and it would be printed exactly as we wrote it. I wrote my name 'Claire' and then paused because my handwriting was messy and it looked a little bit like Claine but I thought to myself "Well surely they'll realise Claire is an actual name and Claine is not."

Buuut....

Guess what my name-badge said 8)

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » What does your username mean?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus