Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » What does your username mean?

rat Topic Starter

Quote:
"Zhi, Creepmachine, yourmom, Clove, Sazzness, kaygee, Demonstratus, Gembone, Moki, krowe, Fiebs, Guyver_Ultima, and others replied 19 times to the forum topic What does your username mean? (About 56 minutes ago)"

wowie! i made this thread more than a year ago, and i'm delighted to see it's still going strong. it's been really fun to read! :D
силовит

Acute, volatile
Sanura is Egyptian for kitten. Came across it one day when looking for character names.
So Naughty Kitten lol
Mikhal-Strange

Mine means:

"My strange king"

Mi- my

Khal- king (in Dothrachi- game of thrones)

The rest is self explanatory.
Mikhal-Strange

Silovit wrote:
силовит

Acute, volatile

Ooooooo I was wondering about that!!!!!
I am Hollie because I am Hollie.

It is my name.

I am Hollie.

Yes.
A shade of colour that is mix of yellow and blue....

Green was picked random. I use Herbal everwhere else. Either iHerbal, Herbal, LadyHerbal. After an old character of mine.

Now Im mostly known by my handle on that furry game - Billy and my irl name - June. Or Cthulhu. But Im too lazy to change
I'm lazy and just made my name. :o
Cass Moderator

Cassandra "Cass" is my middle name and what I used to go by online! :) Some people still to this day use my middle name to address me instead of my first name. Those people have been around in my life for quite awhile!
My name came from a few different things.

Maso, for the term Masochist.
kitten, as it is my nickname that my spouse gave me.
We're into the kinky kink stuffs so Masochistic kitten worked.

I added two underlines as though leaving space to allow for a 'check mark'..
as most websites & such leave room for a label. I check the Masokitten__ box.

It's also my name for my Twitch Stream, upcoming YouTube Channel & various other Social Media accounts.
Taciturn

Mine is self-explanatory. ;)

Cheese for everyone.
Orrik_Zynn

Sheogorath wrote:
Mine is self-explanatory. ;)

Cheese for everyone.

XD yay cheese...then again the daedric prince of madness is a rather interesting character (both in the video games and here on RPR~!)
Well, I suppose mine could mean a lot of different things in other languages, for me it's just a shortening of my old deviantart username which I've grown to prefer it shortened. Though it irks me to be called 'Morian' instead of 'Mori'.
I'm MTF and I always have a really arrogant look on my face (I swear that's just how my face looks all the time XD), so that's where the "king" part comes from, and the "in drag" part it because people always say that I look feminine :P
peregrinustulit

Latin for Peregrin Took. The hobbit from LOTR.
Taylorzilla

hops aboard the wagon--

Mine is a combination of my name, and a nickname I had in high school. My friends referred to me as the bear. And also jokingly picked on me for my height. Zilla was the result of all that ahaha.
Need to add context for why my username is so incredibly awkward to explain to English natives. Because I need to make up for the fact that there may still be at least two people in the world who think I'm racist.

'Wattenstaafje' is Dutch for the word 'cotton swab'. It's basically two words stuck together: A 'wat'/'watje' (plural: watten/watjes) is Dutch for cotton pad/cotton piece. Those cotton pads you remove your makeup with specifically, since the Dutch word for just 'cotton' is 'katoen'. Yet, it's not unheard to very loosely loosely use 'watten' as a word for cotton either.

'Staafje' is Dutch for 'small stick'. However, change the f into an l and you get 'slaafje', which means 'slave'. (The -je behind 'slaaf' basically makes it translate to 'little slave'.) See where I'm going?

In the Netherlands, it's an innocent, funny play on words not associated with negative annotation, since we have different words for 'cotton' and 'cotton pad', and the Dutch tend to switch between those words pretty loosely. The '-je' even makes it sound cute. Which is why it took me WAY too long to realise affectionately explaining that my username means 'little cotton slave' to English native speakers has been my unintentional crime on the field of cultural and lingual miscommunication for the last few months.

Best thing is that my Surinamese-born mother came up with the wordplay, and Surinam used to be a colony of the Netherlands.
My nickname is my screen name and I had it for about 10+ years now so I usually name my username on every Roleplay or forum Smitty1993
I am the youngest in my family, and I have had lilac hair for a couple of years now.
A simple combination of my favorite Pokemon, my home state, and the ridiculous amount of state pride I have.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » What does your username mean?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus