Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » What does your username mean?

Mine isn't a nickname, alas. It's my name. I'm not creative or original enough for any of that. But I have been given some nicknames from characters that I role-play if that counts for anything.

... Though in the worst of times, I do get called Lucifer.
tumblr_nk32qsGze41rb179lo1_400.jpg
Self explanatory.
Vegas

I'm from the area and it's my favorite character's nickname because I'm So Original. :D
Sqd

I used to go by Did because I wanted a three letter name on furc and Did was the first one that wasn't taken. I don't own the alt Did anymore, but Did is still one of my main internet aliases. Did eventually became Did The Squid because RHYMING. And then I dropped the Did entirely, shortened Squid to Sqd, and ended up with another three letter name for furc.

tumblr_nmtb1sbkNs1rtcfaqo1_400.png
ca·coph·o·ny
kəˈkäfənē/
noun
a harsh, discordant mixture of sounds.
"a cacophony of deafening alarm bells"

It's my favourite word. Whenever I hear it I just get this good feeling.
vi·rus/ˈvīrəs/

noun

1. An infective agent that typically consists of a nucleic acid molecule in a protein coat, is too small to be seen by light microscopy, and is able to multiply only within the living cells of a host.

2. a piece of code that is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect, such as corrupting the system or destroying data.
I stole my current username from a character I used to drag around everywhere - a kind silver dragon who favored the form of an elf. My previous username that I'd used everywhere was also actually connected to that character, but as more of a lead-in to her creation: Dragon Moon, comprised of two things I'm very fond of and have generally sort of identified with. There were also a couple lines I used with those in signatures:

A light in the dark,
A shadow on the moon...

That actually came from personality habits - specifically a branching of my constant devil's advocating into a specific duality in wanting to both protect perceived innocence and "expose" that perceived innocence to my perceived reality. It... might make more sense in my head. ^^;
Asroc

Based off of Akira Tadokoro from Live a Live.

He's a psychic. He also uses his fists to do some talkin'.
Rigby! Who, contrary to increasingly popular opinion, is not named after

Rigby.png

but rather

fmZjGsJ.jpg

who was named after

200px-EleanorRigby-singlecover.jpg .

Around 1999, I fed "scribbler," "Rigby" and "1989" into an AIM screenname generator, and the name stuck for over fifteen years. I've been paring down to 'Rigby' where I could, lately.
I like the "-onicus" appellation for reasons I'm not entirely sure of. The rest of the name comes from "thylacine", the extinct creature once inhabiting Australia. When I was a wee child, I watched a PBS documentary about them, and was legitimately haunted by Benjamin, the last thylacine. I've used some variation of the word off and on ever since I first got onto the Internet many, many moons ago.
So this is a funny little tale...

It started when I was making a Minecraft account back in beta 1.7 I believe. I created a username from two TV show characters I liked, Ash from Pokémon and Aang from Avatar the Last Airbender. Only thing is, at the time I derped and thought it was spelled Angg. Yeah... So thus ashangg2000 was born. And since it's already obvious that I'm not very original much, I use ashangg2000 or AshAngg2000 for basically everything. XD
The name Lavacanyon was conceived during a dream.
There was an abandoned mining area inside a volcano that people called the LavaCanyon.

Oddly enough the character LavaCanyon never was in the dream.
He was thought of after I woke up during the same morning.
the suffix -iel = "of god" or "from god"
ghost + iel = ghost of god
idk
Goo

Vegas wrote:
I'm from the area and it's my favorite character's nickname because I'm So Original. :D
/hometown high-five, whaaat

Anyway! http://cdn.albumoftheyear.org/album/18028-gutterflower.jpg <-- This is how mine started.
Gutterflower by the Goo Goo Dolls, became Guttergoo, which eventually got shortened to Goo!

Mya's my online handled and preferred nickname.
Using Mya instead of my real name allows me privacy. :>

Being an edgy teen will give you a name like this I'm afraid. Seeing as how everyone already knows me as Rynh, I'm too lazy to actually change it.
Well, I suppose most know my nickname irl, but.......
Slushy
Was given to me in game, and sort of stuck with me.
It also happens to be a pretty wicked drink.
>:3
Rynh wrote:
Being an edgy teen will give you a name like this I'm afraid. Seeing as how everyone already knows me as Rynh, I'm too lazy to actually change it.

You should totally become The SWAGMaster!!!
It's a rodent...popular pet in the UK. Literally no one I meet seems to know this and think I just made the name up. It has been interesting being called Degu :P
Kim Site Admin

This thread has caused me to look up a lot of new information and learn some seriously cool stuff. Like, I did not know what a degu was, and now I know lots about it! Adorable!

I have also learned what a thylacine is from this thread, but my subsequent research taught me that thylacines are considered a prime candidate for cloning and may one day walk the earth again AHHHHH LIFE IS AMAZING

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » What does your username mean?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus