Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Describe Your Character's Scent!

Flynn (played by Riik)

Flynn loves strawberries, cake and sweet things in general. You can bet that any bathing products they use are infused with such scents. Or that of other fruit. Flynn doesn't really have a natural scent though. They'd probably start to smell a little dusty if they went for long periods without bathing I'd suppose, not counting whatever other smells stick to them during that time.

Also, these scents might change depending on the setting. For instance, for space sci-fi, they'd probably also smell like some sort of motor oil due to their fondness for space bikes and tinkering with such machines. In fantasy, if the environment is sufficiently rural, they'd probably smell like grass and earth, given they'd likely spend a lot of time lying around in such terrain without access to more modern forms of entertainment.
Menthol, Pine, Polished Leather, and the subtlest hint of tobacco.
Jude (played by Banshee)

I wouldn't say filth, but something like it? Her hair is almost always a little bit matted and greasy. She showers when she has the presence of mind to do so, as she doesn't see the point when she barely socialize with people. She's a little bit feral... There's also pine and dog on her clothes.

If you catch her on a bad day she'll reek of blood.
A combination of the ocean, sand, sometimes blood, and rum. Also the wood of her ship like the lumber section of lowes.
Jeremiah Teller (played anonymously)

“Right now it’s a bit of a mix of motor oil, sweaty leather, and weed. An old motorcycle I bought in northern Nevada didn’t quite make it back to Lodi so I’m stuck in the summer sun on an empty two-lane waiting for the flatbed to arrive.”
Dael (played by Quillweave)

Dael smells strongly of his work, the sharp, pitchy scent of ink, underlaid with smoother touches of vellum and parchment, dusty and rich with age. He also frequently smells of incense; amber, frankincense and jasmine are the usual choices and all used for seeking wisdom and methods of augury.
Deuce (played by lexiconflinger)

Depends on the day. Sometimes Deuce goes for tobacco and sandalwood, other times the scent is pink lotus, or lavender. One would have to get very close to the Nightingale to catch this scent.

Naturally speaking, it's hard to describe other than a comforting, almost sweet musk.
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

Strong disinfectant most likely
Zaharah (played by hexblading)

When she's seeing clients and not on missions that require to be undetected, she will make it a point to use Prestidigitation to smell like a blend of roses (very on the nose, yes) and patchouli. Without the magical fragrances, she smells like a hint of lemon, worn leather and steel.
Pavol (played by LunarValravn)

His obsession with cleanliness and perfection ensures he keeps a pleasant scent. Most of the time he smells of floral and fruity scents, usually of the rare and exotic types. Fresh and fine silks, linens, and rich incense compliment the scent in a satisfying way somehow. There are rare times he smells like a sterile environment but no one can explain why when even the Sunstone Towers are scented with flowers and exotic incense.
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

"I put on a light jasmine perfume this morning."
To say Mixie doesn't smell very nice is a bit of an understatement. She reeks of blood with a hint of rotting flesh. Since she spends the majority of her time outside, the scent of moss and pinewood also clings to her clothes. If you're lucky, sometimes this scent will be partially masked by the smell of fresh-baked apple pie (which isn't enough to cover the rotting smell up completely).
Blackbeard (played anonymously)

"The scent of the sea. You'll find that lingers on me strongly. Makes sense, doesn't it, for a pirate that spends most of his time on the water? Along with that, there's a heavy mix of leather, spices, tobacco and gunpowder."
Postal Dude- Goin' Postal (played by MangoNekros)

Crack.
"I still smell of that alleyway behind a Denny's where I took the pole express."
Roland (played anonymously)

“I still smell like Nicki…”
Jay (played by Mina)

I base some characters on perfumes! They’re a special interest.

Jay smells a lot like her current choice, Fabulous by Tom Ford.

—opens with indulgent notes from Clary Sage and Lavender. The middle is a fascinating blend of fragrances from Orris, Leather, Bitter Almond and Vanilla. The deeply intoxicating and unforgettable scent of Leather, Amber, White wood, Cashmeran and Tonka Bean take over the base.

Mixed into these notes is her natural scent, something like dark florals with a twinge of metal, freshly turned earth and the sweet yet warm presence of clove.
Jay (played anonymously)

“I’m a mix of scents right now. I have the distinct odor of oil and greased rom working at the service station, but having shed the coveralls, it’s more like sweat and a slight tinge of Amber’s perfume from this morning. I’m off to the shower so will likely smell of a neutral soap and Brut pit-stick when I’m done.”
Andi Houseman (played by randomentity777)

"I smell like oil, considering that I've spent the last four hours elbows deep in the secondary flywheel mechanism of a Mercury mining crawler."
Naruto Uzumaki (played anonymously)

"Huh? What do I smell like...WEIRDO - why would you want to know what I smell like -3-...." I said as I looked at you with closed eyes, secretly judging, "I smell like ramen--I looooooovvvveeeee ramen! I eat ramen everyday! Ichiraku ramen <3 <3 <3"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Describe Your Character's Scent!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus