Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) The ^, <, V game!

Flynn (played by Riik)

^ "Lady, let me tell you now. Look, it's probably not my place to tell people how to live their life and stuff... and I agree about the strong protecting the weak... but nobody should have to serve anyone, especially based on something subjective like strength. And even when it comes to physical strength, that can often be a genetic lottery there, and what can be more unfair than forcing someone to serve you just because of how they were born?"

< "Now ok, maybe I'm not strong in the traditional sense. Strong of will, maybe. But look at these noodle arms. Yet I'm not trying to justify my freedom here. Because I don't care if I'm weak, it won't stop me from trying to make the world... the universe, even... a better place."

V "Yoo-hoo! What do you think? You over there! What would you risk to protect the freedom and happiness of the innocent?"
Connor Kenway (played anonymously)

^ "Everything. There is nothing I have not given in the defense of the innocent and the helpless."

< "For such is the will of the Order which I have pledge my life to, the Order of the Assassins."

V "I wonder.. do you have an organization or group that you follow?"
^ “Yes, there is.”

< He’s an Assassin turned Templar.

V “Would you turn your back on something you thought was good until you saw the horrors for yourself?”
Brynjar (played anonymously)

^"I'd know if it was fake."
<"I'm so tired of dealing with humans"
V"You got a glass of mead lying around?"
Geist (played by hexblading)

^ "Ah... I do not, sadly. Strong drinks get stuck at my throat and refuse to go down. Why does it get stuck? Water is supposed to flow. Maybe it's because it's not water?"

< "The world is bright, beautiful, but full of horrors, haunting, harrowing. I want to help. Some people are so sad, so sorrowful, the threads between them tangling to form knots. I want to make them feel better, but sometimes they push me away. Wanting to help is hard."

v "Would you like some chocolate? It makes you feel better."
Taluna (played anonymously)

^ "Chocolate!!?"

< "CHOCOLATE!!!!!"

V "CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Tiffany Kraft (played anonymously)

^ “I really like chocolate!”
< “Chocolate doesn’t really like me though.”
v “I could really use a drink.”
^"I could, although I'll go for a non-alcoholic beverage for obvious reasons. Some flavoured water with ice in it, because cravings."
<"I also wonder if it's too soon for me to start dating again."
v"You might want to get that looked at."
Joseph Berryman (played anonymously)

^ "Get what looked at? I have no idea what you may be talking about."
< "Maybe I should talk to a medium to see, I don't want to though."
v "I'VE GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!" ((XD))
Omitter (played by AgitoAceXIII)

^ “No, you don’t.

< Or maybe the person did, but Omitter didn’t really care.

V “Human.
IS-2 (played anonymously)

^"???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"
<"???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"
V"???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"
^ "Yes, it seems that your confusion is correct on this one, my friend."

< Dagroshank's eyes, ever gleaming in the light, seemed to be distracted by the people around him.

V "Hmm, you must be a student, eagerly awaiting a master to train you. What is it you are wishing to learn?"
James Moriarty (played by Atheist)

↑ Tucked beneath one crombie coated arm was the latest technological what-have-you iPad from Apple. Considering that is a near-weekly endeavor on his part, it hardly mattered much to Jim what it was, but what it could do was far more important. Cupped within his left hand was a steaming beverage freshly procured from the coffee shop he stopped by on his trek through.

The designation of innocent bystander applied to Moriarty for perhaps the first time in ever when someone addressed him in a rather presumptuous manner. At first, he had to make certain this individual was even speaking to him, but when it was determined as such by the awaiting bespectacled stare, the consulting criminal put on a placating smile.

"I'm sorry, do what now?" He inquired, his tonality was a bit rougher than usual. "I think I'm pretty well versed, thank you, but since you're so eager to teach me something, I hope you know what you're in for, Daddy."

← Jim's threat was merely a farce, and he made an effort to remove himself from the conversation entirely. Taking a ginger sip from his precious coffee, he started to go over the numbers again in his head. Each calculation was more complex than the one previous, all of which were carefully applied to the grand scheme of things. A spider weaving his infinite web.

↓ It wasn't until he came across someone obstructing his path, likely unintentionally, that he was pulled from his thoughts once more. "Quality is never an accident. It is the result of intelligent effort. I honestly feel quality is at a lax these days, don't you?"
Sheffield (played by AgitoAceXIII)

^ “I don’t really mind it either way. As long as I can do my job.”

< “So if you’ll excuse me, pest, I have work to do.”

V “Surely you have nothing to add?”
John Watson (played by Atheist)

↑ John appeared vaguely surprised by the insult, but judging by her callous appearance, it seemed to be her standard modus operandi. "That was inherently uncalled for. Not very nice, are you? I guess if you really must know what I have to add to all of this, it would be that I'm used to dealing with rude, insensitive cads who think they're better than the rest of us. But so you know, you're not. In fact, most people consider quality when they consider work unless you're happy with sub-par performance."

← He carefully side-stepped the young ship-girl without another word to her.

↓ He then gestured with a dismissive hand behind him, both eyebrows quirked at the other standing before him. "Did you get a load of that one? 'Course I think Moriarty's a pest as well, but that's just me."
Maisi Dennis (played anonymously)

^ "Who, Jim? Noooo, you must have the wrong Moriarty, Jim's a saint." Maisi spared the veteran an innocent smile and a twinkling eye, which suggested she knew that statement might not have been thoroughly true. "As for that other lady--well, I can't really say. She did seem a bit...curt? She seemed busy too, though, I'm sure she didn't really mean to be rude."

< The artist returned her gaze to the small sketchbook she held and the mechanical pencil she was doodling away with; rudimentary materials, but it was all she'd managed to grab before heading out that morning. The page was filled with little doodles and sketches of what was apparently a puppy, probably an Australian Shepherd. In the top right corner was a tiny, cartoonish black cat with a speech bubble that read "don't forget cat food for Orph".

She started to turn the page but quickly yanked the current leaf back into place before anyone could get a good look at the next set of sketches, which appeared to be several renderings of a person's face and eyes.

v "Anywho," the artist chirped casually. "I don't believe being busy gives you a right to be rude, but it happens. What do you think?" she asked someone new, tapping her pencil against the page. "I've heard people say they'd rather someone act how they feel than be polite when they don't really mean it--is being polite overrated?"
Edward Elric (played by Sparkles)

↑ “Being polite?” Ed snorts, with an impressive eye-roll. “Overrated. Absolutely overrated. I’d rather someone just come out and be honest. All of that decorum stuff? No, thank you.

← Ed’s own lack of decorum had earned him a couple write-ups before, but nothing he couldn’t handle. It wasn’t like Roy Never Done Anything Productive in his Life Mustang was any better. “Being polite is just another mind game. Trick people into thinking you feel one way, when you feel something else.”

↓ “Well, what about you?” He turns and directs his scowl to the stranger next to him. “You the sort to play mind games?
GameOver (played by Lyra736)

^ "I uhh" she blinked "more into killing" she chuckled and played with her knife

< Gameover is a killer

v "hey, next person what do you use to kill??" she asked and blinked with a smirk
Sten MkII (played by AgitoAceXIII)

^ “This.” She shows her Sten Mk.II submachine gun.

< Unfortunately, the Sten is cheaply made so….it is susceptible to jamming.

V “Don’t use me as a grenade!”
Knox Frigate (played by LunarValravn)

^ A single ear twitched before the hedgehog gives her an odd look. " Is there a reason to use you as a grenade?"

< " I have plenty of my own" Knox states as he holds up a grenade in one hand and a bouncing mine in the other.

v Both were set aside before he turns to the next person. " Don't touch them unless you want to look like this" A metal claw tapped the scar on his face before he tucked his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. " But I won't argue a thrilling game of catch if you insist"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) The ^, <, V game!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus