Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) The ^, <, V game!

Iskandar (played by hexblading)

^ Connor raised an eyebrow, not needing an answer to what the objects to his side were. Different in make as they may be, an incendiary was an incendiary, and it didn't take much piecing together to know what it was. "Mutilation's not on my to-do list today, thanks. Save it for someone else."

< "I mean sure, they're handy and stuff, but there's a time and place to use 'em." Connor conceded, taking his leave of the... tiny creature. Whatever his deal is, the Aasimar didn't want to be within blast radius. He still needed his body to... well, do things, not lose limbs in explosions.

v "What about you? You got anything better to do, today? If you don't, going out on a walk is always a pretty solid idea. Takes your mind off things."
Virgil Sanders (played by Alidal)

^ I don't go outside. It's a nice suggestion though. I could take my mind off you.

< The last time I went on a walk, I broke a pair of perfectly good headphones...

v I don't like going outside because its means I have to deal with people. What's something you don't or can't do and why?
^ "I don't partake in botany anymore, sadly," Ollie sighs. "Not because I don't want to, but because I no longer have the time or place to do it. The Underworld isn't very plant-friendly. Take my word for it!"

< "I was a human, once. But back in the 1950's, I ended up falling ill. My herbal remedies were not enough to keep me from dying. Then, I suddenly woke up in hell, as a demonic plant monster! Why would they do this to me?! I didn't do anything wrong!" Ollie sobs. "Now I'm hungry, tired, and sick... I'm being punished for nothing!"

v "Now, that makes me awfully curious," Ollie turns to the person below. "You there, my friend! Have you ever been wrongly accused of something you didn't do? If so, did you suffer the consequences?"
Rhith (played by LunarValravn)

^ - A finger gingerly runs along the scar running the length of his muzzle as if it was still fresh. "Friend...now that's a foreign concept" He growls under his breath. "Indeed, I have and still wear the scars from it"

< - "Humans are foolish creatures, quick to judge and slow to find truth! That's fine..." A cruel smirk stretches across the jackal's face as he casts his gaze aside. "I have adapted to their truth. Heh...funny, I understand why they cling to chaos."

v - His hand trembles as he raises it before his face, sneering at it before making a fist. The trembling soon ceases and he raises his head in pride. "It was...the right choice." He grins at the next. "How adaptable are you? Will you crumble under pressure or find a way to keep living no matter the cost? Yes, this includes defying all you hold dear."
- "Adaptable? Huh, never really been thinkin' too much 'bout that.." Sprite shrugged, slumping further into her squat as she scratched along her jawline. Adaptable- she had no idea if she was adaptable, she'd survived the War of Dogs, wasn't that enough? "Y'know, I likta think that if y'go through 'nuff weird shit inna super close succession, y'stop worryin' whether or not y'actually good at copin' with it. Y'usually too focused on jus' survivin' to worry if y'copin' well, I guess." That was how it'd been for her, anyway. Blake, the Skylax, the slave work at sea, even her having to flee from the planet she'd called home for two decades had never given her a break, and after a certain point, she'd stopped wrecking her brain over when she was gonna get one. Things were better now, but still.. everything'd gone so fast. "Jus' keep on kickin'."

- "Lookin' back, I think I did have m'moments where it jus' got too much, y'know? But those moments happen t'coincide with.. well-" She pulled a face and gestured at her beefy arms, which was flapped about to futher illustrate her point. "..hairy an' ugly an' ultra-violent. Easier f'me t'catch breaks now, though- gotta great girl, great crew, an' loads of sick adventures t'go on, on my terms!" Even if she couldn't have imagined a life like that back in the Vault, it sure was a whole lot better than what Konis could've offered her. Out in space, there were far less sunburns, trigger-happy bandit gangs and animals that wanted to tear off your face for looking at them.

- "So, wha'bout y', ever walked away from y'humble beginnings?" Sprite said, turning to the next person. Resting one forearm on a raised knee, she gave the slowly manifesting individual a smirk, hoping to coax some juicy backstory out of them. "How's that been treatin' y'? I sure's scrap know leaving home arn' easy, but it tends to pay off.." Sometimes.
Kara (played by sarcasyms)

^ Kara shrugged and messed with her pigtails. "I guess?? Wait, what do you mean by humble beginnings? Like... My hometown? My family? I guess I did walk away from them... Don't feel like talking about Mom and Dad right now though...

< She held up her chin and pushed up her sunglasses. "What can I say, I'm just a girl with a spring in her step and a song in my heart! People might not like me, but the creatures do, and that's enough!"

v She scratched her chin thoughtfully, one hand on her hip. "I'm not very good with questions... Uhm...What do you do when it seems like everyone you have has turned their back on you and it's just you up against the world? Sorry if it's too personal.
Caelan (played by hexblading)

^ "Ah, sweet introspection. May you have no use for this hypothetical, but say, what if you've only yourself against everyone else?" Caelan asked, pinching their lip. Sooner or later, it turned upward into a smile, and the priest shrugged with a sigh. "Well-- Pardon me should I sound like a nagging proselytizer, but when the world turns on you, does it not beg the question to look to the divine for answers? At least, that is how I would approach the subject. Engage in good acts, give alms, feed the orphan, take care of the sick and aged... keep care of one's reputation, all that good stuff. Prove yourself through good acts, and the world shall fall in place for you."

< "Ah, yes. Where the world has failed me and Syrkys both, the divine has guided us like naught before. The divine will guide you."

V "Come, sit with me for a spell. Perhaps you can tell me something about yourself, I would be keen to listen to anything that would grant me wisdom." They smile, flipping a notebook open. "If you and your best friend could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go to first? Somewhere you can name and have been dreaming to go to, or would you two take the road and see where your feet would lead you to?"
Abigail Beckett (played by Dawnia)

- "I always wanted to go to Europe... more specifically, Eastern Europe. Even more specifically, Prague in the Czech Republic. of course, the old Orient Express to Istanbul would be nice..."

- Thinks to herself ...not sure why I'm telling you this...

- "Do you feel like going to get some Cheeseburgers?"
↑ "Yes, I'd absolutely love to! The only downside is that I'll probably be a little gassy afterwards. But it'll be worth it!"

← "Wish I was joking, but I'm not."

↓ "So what are you currently craving? What're you hungry for?"
^ "Oh, is this, like- a girl's day? Well, hey, I know this really nice taco bar down on the high street. It's a bit'a a walk, but it's got some real good variety!"

< "They're my favourite. We made them all the time, at home. I still prefer that - any home-made stuff, I mean. We used to set up a table in the kitchen, make little serving stations... well, I say we. Mostly my bro. He let me help, though, cuz I was, like... twelve. Anyway- sorry! Tacos. Let's go!"

v "Well, I don't wanna be the only one caught thinkin' bout this stuff. You got any happy family memories to share? I don't mind listenin'."
↑ - "Ohhhh yes! I do!" Bailey sits herself down, her legs but a formless lump under her robe. "Mother and I go foraging out in the woods for food. So one day, we decided we wanted to have fish for dinner. Mother agreed to find some vegetables, and I went fishing. And I saw how bears caught salmon in rivers, so I wanted to try it!" Bailey suddenly giggles, high and loud, at the incoming thought. "S-So I shouted for Mother, boasting about how I could catch fish just like a bear. I turned into one, tried to bite a fish jumping up the current, but I missed and it hit me in the face! She nearly dropped all her things, she was laughing so hard! Oh, yes, I did catch a fish by the end! Dinner was lovely, by the way."

← - "You know... Mother's not my actual mother," Bailey mulled over an admittedly gloomy memory, just to perk up by the end. "But I don't care! She's still my mother! She's taught me so much, about how fun magic is, how to find food in the woods, how to cook... My original mother didn't do that for me. I'm much happier out here. And you betcha I'm gonna make the Palmer family proud someday!"

↓ - "Ahhhh, found family! Sometimes better than real family," Bailey gets up and pushes her glasses into place. "Do you have any found family, stranger?"
Sentinel (played by KingDragon)

^ "Oh, with how many realms I've traveled, my family is big enough to populate an entire planet five times the size of earth! And, Stranger, your part of it now too! Name's Sentinel, good to meet ya!"

< "I... Didn't grow up with much. I'm a Void Monarch, so my parents fuzed their cores to make a new Event Horizon, which consolidated to form me. The reason I spend so much time making friends is that I didn't have any growing up. The only company I had was the cool light of a dying star to light my way... And even then, that light doesn't illuminate the cosmic glass I walked on."

√ "Ah, one I do deeply admire for their fortitude. Tell me, what was the most difficult fight of your life? Whether that be a physical battle, mental turmoil, or verbal combat, what was it?"
↑ "Most difficult fight of my life? It'd have to be when I first got pregnant and then got into a huge fight with my Mom because her immediate reaction was to try and convince me to give the baby up for adoption. I was scared of telling my parents at first, but it was either tell them right then and there after the test came back positive...or wait until they notice I've been gaining weight and my midsection is bigger then it should be. If not for my Dad, it probably would have been a lot worse. I'll always be thankful that he defended my choice to keep the baby. I just hope my Mom will come around. If not, I'll have to go find somewhere else to live. Because this pregnancy's been stressful enough as it is."

← "Would it have been easier to give the baby up? Probably. But no, that's not what I wanted. I will admit, at my age, becoming a single mom is actually really scary when the reality hits you. I'm so thankful that my Dad's been very supportive. He's actually really excited to become a Grandfather. It's gonna be a long eighteen years ahead, but it'll all be worth it. I'm just glad I'm not going through this alone."

↓ "With that being said, in contrast of the more happy and light-hearted memories, what are the more less-then-savory memories that you have of your family? Doesn't have to be the immediate family, like parents and siblings. It can be the extended family too, from Aunts, Uncles, Cousins to Grandparents. Take your pick."
Adrian Donovan (played anonymously)

↑ "Less-than-savory? Too many to say, and most I can’t mention in public. I remember being six and my mom drove off the side of the interstate because she was too drunk.”

← *… never really liked my mom …."

↓ "So tell me, what was the happiest moment in your life?"
↑ "The happiest moment in my life? Oh, that's a tough one, friend. Well, I guess if I had to pick, it would be the day I got my 2002 Nissan Skyline."

← "Of all the cars I own, it's my favorite. Sadly, it's a show car and not exactly street legal by American standards. And the last thing I want is for it to be impounded and then chucked into the crusher. So it spends a majority of the year in my garage. Sometimes I take it to the track to show off and I'll take it to car shows during during the Spring, Summer and first half of Fall along with my Honda Civic Type-R."

↓ "What's your least favorite day of the year if it's not Valentine's Day?"
Five Hargreeves (played anonymously)

↑ "My least favorite day of the year?" He raised his brow. "Depends really. Are we talking about any year or specific years. You see, I'm a timetraveler and April 1st, 2019 was my least favorite day of the year because there was an apocalypse." Five explained, "Long story. You just have to trust me." The secretly-old boy shook his head.

← "Me along with my brothers and sisters were all born on the same day to women with no signs of pregnancy. October 1st, 1989." Five sat there, drinking his coffee. "We were all born with superpowers, and mine happens to be time and space manipulation. Hence the time-traveling. And teleportation."

↓ "If you had a superpower, what exactly would it be? Would it be something simple or something complex." He teleported away, but came back, just sitting in a different spot this time.
^ " A quaint tale of origin, hmm... too young and inexperienced to be possessed with the responsibility of handling the sorcery bestowed upon you. The manner in which you have described your birth makes my mind hearken to unsavory tales of witch-cults eloping with daemons to birth children possessed of a gift akin to yours, ofcourse yours is less evident. I am not given to the superstition however, sorcery in all it's forms is corruptive to a mind uninitiated to it's power, what I find lacking is adequate responsibility for such powers as yours, you are but a boy afterall... I can only hope that you are guided to a path that values order and justice and if not, well, you'll keep the inquisitors busy "

< "Super.. power.. ? Well, if you ask me, I'd like the ability to feel well rested regardless of how little slumber I acquired.. I barely get any as is, I've never needed powers to accomplish what I needed to do besides any power or sorcery would only serve as a crutch or distraction from me applying my mind, powers.. it must be a horrible dilemma to find your abilities so monotonous and at once applicable that you are never forced to change, adapt or learn... If I had powers that made everything else pale in contrast it'd be boring.. I revel in challenge, to overcome overwhelming odds is a joy unparalleled.. no need for power... The powerful lens themselves to become unwary as of natural consequence, nothing worse to have godlike powers and a mortal mind"

v "Describe an event which had a profound impact upon the manner in which you conduct yourself"
Jinxx (played by xx_r4t_k1d_xx)

^ "Hm... I wouldn't say it was one event specifically.. Mostly getting my gender and sexuality figured out. Believe it or not, I was a pretty self-conscious teenager!" She'd let out a chuckle. "Kinda hard to believe, lookin' back on it. But anyway.. Yeah, I was pretty self-conscious in high school. Wasn't really sure where I fit in. But as time went on, and I got more aspects of me figured out, I pretty much went 'hey, screw what other people think,' y'know?"

< "I kinda miss high school, to be honest.. Yeah, I was a self-conscious wreck, but it felt like I had fewer responsibilities, y'know? Now I got a job at a bookstore, a DJ side job, and an apartment with my girlfriend. I mean, I like my life as it is now, don't get me wrong, but it definitely feels like a lot sometimes."

v "Anyway.. hm... Maybe... describe your ideal living situation?"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) The ^, <, V game!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus