Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Knocking the dust off of RP!

Tel_Yeah

Hello!

I'm brand new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself a bit. I used to RP a lot years ago and have been getting an itch to get back into it and now that I have an abundance of time I figured why not?

I love gritty fantasy, high fantasy, horror and SciFi genres. I've recently rekindled my love of both D&D and Magic: The Gathering (both online) and I think those things also helped to stir my longing for freeform RP. I have my first character currently in the works and once he's finished I'd love to jump into a game! I've never RPed horror, though I dabble writing horror and fantasy/horror hybrid short stories, and would love to try something like that out if anyone is interested?

IRL, I self-identify as a well-rounded nerd. I'm a web developer who loves reading, learning new things, watching cartoons and anime, writing, tending to my garden, exercising, playing with my dog and spending time with my family and friends (which I don't really get to do these days, obviously. But what do you do?). Anyway, I look forward to being a part of the community and please feel free to hit me up if you want to say hi or have a game you think I might be interested in (and you don't mind putting up with a bit of my rustiness).

I look forward to being a part of the community, thanks!
Tel_Yeah Topic Starter

Tel_Yeah wrote:
Hello!

My name's Tel and I'm brand new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself a bit. I used to RP a lot years ago and have been getting an itch to get back into it and now that I have an abundance of time I figured why not?

I love gritty fantasy, high fantasy, horror and SciFi genres. I've recently rekindled my love of both D&D and Magic: The Gathering (both online) and I think those things also helped to stir my longing for freeform RP. I have my first character currently in the works and once he's finished I'd love to jump into a game! I've never RPed horror, though I dabble writing horror and fantasy/horror hybrid short stories, and would love to try something like that out if anyone is interested?

IRL, I self-identify as a well-rounded nerd. I'm a web developer who loves reading, learning new things, watching cartoons and anime, writing, tending to my garden, exercising, playing with my dog and spending time with my family and friends (which I don't really get to do these days, obviously. But what do you do?). Anyway, I look forward to being a part of the community and please feel free to hit me up if you want to say hi or have a game you think I might be interested in (and you don't mind putting up with a bit of my rustiness).

I look forward to being a part of the community, thanks!
59371e16bf2c92a158a0bf84e1e70bb6.gif

HELLO THERE AND WELCOME TO RPR!
Please do enjoy your stay and don't be shy to ask any questions.
Everyone is super friendly and would do their best to help you.
Anyway, have a good day and always take care!
See you around!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
Hey Tel! Welcome to RPR! :)

I'm a fellow software dev, dog lover, & gardener! So I'm always happy to chat about those topics on top of RP.

Raspurt looks like a lot of fun! D&D style games pop up here with some frequency. (With freeform, light dice use, and full mechanics all being represented.)

I'm playing in a murder mystery one now: The Royal Mile Inn. The pace is a bit slow, but consistent. And the GM has been pretty good about working new characters into the game, if you happen to be interested.

Also check out the Looking for RP forum. Folks actively recruiting for their games or scouting for 1x1 partners post their ads there.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your time here!
yo welcome to the rpr
Tel_Yeah Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Hey Tel! Welcome to RPR! :)

I'm a fellow software dev, dog lover, & gardener! So I'm always happy to chat about those topics on top of RP.

Raspurt looks like a lot of fun! D&D style games pop up here with some frequency. (With freeform, light dice use, and full mechanics all being represented.)

I'm playing in a murder mystery one now: The Royal Mile Inn. The pace is a bit slow, but consistent. And the GM has been pretty good about working new characters into the game, if you happen to be interested.

Also check out the Looking for RP forum. Folks actively recruiting for their games or scouting for 1x1 partners post their ads there.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your time here!

I was actually looking at The Royal Mile Inn when I first joined so thanks for the inadvertent confirmation. I'm working on Raspurt's backstory now so hopefully there will be something to to actually show by tonight but I've been working on the concept in my head for awhile and I think I have a pretty cool idea going.

Thanks for the suggestions and hopefully I'll see you around!
Welcome to RPR, Tel! And welcome BACK to RPing! :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are a ton of friendly people around on the site willing to help out.

Cheers to making new friends and writing a lot of fun stories together!
Hello and welcome to rpr !
Welcome to RPR! This is s wonderful site filled with friendly, creative people, there is something for everyone! I'm sure you will fit right in here and make lots of friends and play lots of great games! Happy gaming! 🤗
Salutations, and welcome to RPR!
Welcome to RPR, happy writing!
Welcome, nerd!!! :D :D :D :D
This is an excellent place to let your nerd flag fly, and from what it sounds, you'll fit in just great around here! Welcome to RPR!
Hello there, and welcome to RPR! There is a lot to do here when it comes to role-plays...from D&D to sci-fi to fantasy, anything your heart desires. Enjoy your stay!
Mipps

Welcome to RPR :star: I hope you have lots of fun here!
Hey there!! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here!!
Hello and welcome! You've chosen a great week to join, since we are celebrating Epic Week. Check it out in events.
Welcome to the RPR!

I can't wait to see what you craft and bring to the table, I'm excited!
I hope you make some great bonds and find awesome rp partners!
Heck yeah, welcome to the forum! I'm in almost exactly the same boat, except that I'm looking to get into web dev after the whole COVID-19 thing ejected me from my previous job... If you have any tips on where to even start (I've gotten extremely rusty as my days of page development ended with CSS and HTML before I started an unrelated day job about 8 years ago...) I'd be happy to tradesies for RP banter.

I like most of those genres as well, though I've been focusing more on fluff to get through the weirdness of the present moment. Horror and grit are an old fav, though.

Feel free to PM me if you have any thoughts. Looks like we may both be joining that Shadows over Kelzstar game in a while, so I'm happy to discuss character ideas to help flesh out our characters backgrounds.

I'm also starting up a forum game with D&D flavour (But not the dice rolling; more the quest getting and monster hunting and gold/item hoarding, lol) here: https://www.rprepository.com/community/forums/topic/83115
(It opens May 1st to avoid getting lost in the Epic Week shenanigans, but sign-ups are open throughout the week in hopes of gathering a few folks who want to develop some character relationships and help me test the parameters of the game.)

I hope you enjoy it here and get some really good threads going. Happy Epic Week, too!
You certainly picked a good site for your dust-knocking! There's so much to be done here in this community, and this is the perfect time to join up to see the cool things the mods create for us to do. I hope the dust stays off and you find yourself with plenty of writing in the near future ;)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Knocking the dust off of RP!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus