Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » oh boy, I'm overwhelmed!

Hey there everyone!

I was recommended to check this place out while doing research for a project I've just launched, and find out more about roleplay communities outside of the standalone forums and tumblr/journals places I was already familiar with. All I can say is wow, this place is amazing!

As for me, I've been an RP Admin since 2006, I have a Harry Potter-inspired group set in Australia and I'm super passionate about improving the roleplay community in terms of making groups and resources easier to find. Group advertising/promotion, community building, and supporting the new generations of group admins as they develop their first groups/sites is my jam.

Almost wrote "ham" there instead of "jam"... which is not inaccurate. XD

I'm Australian myself, currently 33, and I am so out of my depth with this amazing site I don't even know what to do next! Ahaha!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository. Kim created this wonderous community and website. You'll make plenty of freinds and roleplayers here in no time
Hey sadrienne! Welcome!

Hopefully this site can be a good resource for you! There's a nice 'groups' feature here that lets anyone spin up a public OR private group with its own set of forums. Which can be a great trial run for anyone considering the more ambitious approach of spinning up an entire dedicated website.

Also, off-site RPs can be advertised here, so you could certainly use the Looking for RP forum to try to recruit players for your HP game.

Do you think you'll RP here too? There's a wide variety of RPers, styles, and genres represented! :)

Juls
sadrienne Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Hey sadrienne! Welcome!

Hopefully this site can be a good resource for you! There's a nice 'groups' feature here that lets anyone spin up a public OR private group with its own set of forums. Which can be a great trial run for anyone considering the more ambitious approach of spinning up an entire dedicated website.

Also, off-site RPs can be advertised here, so you could certainly use the Looking for RP forum to try to recruit players for your HP game.

Do you think you'll RP here too? There's a wide variety of RPers, styles, and genres represented! :)

Juls

Oh wow, I can recruit for groups not hosted on here as well? I looked through but couldn't find anything concrete on posting links outside of RPR. Thanks for clarifying that one for me!

This place is a crazy good resource, I can't imagine why it's not better known in the circles I'm in.

As for roleplaying here, I genuinely don't know! I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted...
hello and WELCOME TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
Hello and welcome to RPR! I hope you find a lot of inspiration from this site!
Hello and welcome to the site!

Even if you don’t RP here, the site is great for hosting character profiles! There are some people who RP strictly on Furcadia, but use the site for profile hosting.

Regardless on if you RP here or not, cheers to making new friends!
Heya, welcome to RPR. You'll find lots of awesome people, places, things, verbs, adjectives, nouns.... you name it! Here are a few things that may help you to get started. Some already pointed out but the other lovely members of RPR, and some not! :D

Find RP: is a great way to look for ads other players have put up looking for other players to join in and collab in a game that already has some seed of a plot.

LFRP: Is much the same as Find RP, but you can put up your own ad that can be seen by anyone in the applicable filters.

In both cases you can use filters to find exactly what you are looking for for your optimal RP experience. Also, don't forget about GROUPS, where you can find whole worlds to RP in with other people instead of having to make your own.

Happy gaming! See ya around!! :D
Queen_of_Hell

Hello Sadrienne, it is lovely to meet you and have you with us! Welcome to RPR, the friendliest community in the web! I really hope that you'll settle in soon and start some amazing stories and make some friends!

For the starters, I have an advice! When you make Looking for Roleplay topic, I suggest being as detailed as you possibly can be about yourself as a writer, your style, your preferences and limits, and also what you in general look for in writing partners. This is the best technique for you to find the most compatible partners.

And a bit about myself, I'm just fellow dark supernatural enthusiast, and just like you, I'm running a group here in RPR and small community on discord and I am always open for a chat with the people! So feel free to shoot me a DM :)

Anyway, hope you have a wonderful time here and here's a cute gif for you <3

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Wolfmaster072

7ceaa761968a224a7e078e7d0a048cfb.jpg
Greetings!

☾Hello, Beastie! I am Wolfmaster, though you can just call me Wolf or Wolfie for short! I am still new here myself, but I will still help you in any way that I can! With limitations, of course... If you have any questions about this site, don’t hesitate to ask, as I know that everyone here with try to help to the best of their ability. You can also visit the Help Database If you need help with coding or finding stuff across the site.☽

☾As for rping, my little Beast, don’t worry. You can always find someone willing to rp with you! To start off, you might want to search for an rp, but if you can’t find one to your liking then you are always welcome to put one up! I’m sure that eventually you will find some willing partners!☽

☾If you ever get tired of an rp, don’t be afraid to tell your partners that you are leaving. If you do or if you’ll be gone for a while, please tell them! People don’t like being ghosted and it makes it more convenient if you say that you’re taking a break. Don’t worry, as we will understand that not everyone can be on and that people are busy!☽

☾Last but not least, let everyone here wish you a warm welcome! We are all happy when someone’s new joins in and we all look forward to rping with you! Good luck, have a nice day, and welcome to our community!☽
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Hey there, welcome to RPR! I hope you have a lot of fun here, and I'm really excited to see what you do around here! Sounds like a lot of interesting and helpful stuff!
I too have spent much time in the RP realms of the interwebs. I have been to good places and BAD.

RPR is the BEST and I love it here. Please don't feel out of your depth. Perhaps this snorkel will help? Yes? No?

W3HYK2.jpg
sadrienne wrote:
Hey there everyone!

I was recommended to check this place out while doing research for a project I've just launched, and find out more about roleplay communities outside of the standalone forums and tumblr/journals places I was already familiar with. All I can say is wow, this place is amazing!

As for me, I've been an RP Admin since 2006, I have a Harry Potter-inspired group set in Australia and I'm super passionate about improving the roleplay community in terms of making groups and resources easier to find. Group advertising/promotion, community building, and supporting the new generations of group admins as they develop their first groups/sites is my jam.

Almost wrote "ham" there instead of "jam"... which is not inaccurate. XD

I'm Australian myself, currently 33, and I am so out of my depth with this amazing site I don't even know what to do next! Ahaha!
𝒢𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎!

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!♡
Ghosty_Monsty

Welcome to RPR community
Prince_Jin

Welcome to the site! I'd deffo recommend poking around a bit. I was also a tad overwhelmed when I first joined. A good place to start would probably be making your first character bio!
Kim Site Admin

Thank you for this wonderful introduction! You sound like the perfect addition to our community. :D I certainly got a kick out of reading your high praise >.>

I hope you have a FABULOUS time here, and please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them. :)

Can you tell us more about this project you're doing research for?
sadrienne Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Can you tell us more about this project you're doing research for?

I'm working on a site that aims to bridge the gap between roleplay communities, players and their resources. So, making it easy to find the best group/face claim/post template/graphics, according to what you need.

It's meant branching out far beyond the standalone forums community that I "grew up" in (my site is now on Jcink) to places I didn't even know existed, to find out how their systems work and the sorts of things that I could provide. So many of the existing directories (that I know of) are limited to a certain type of roleplay group, so I wanted to make something that catered to as many as possible, so including Discord, journals, social media, and more.

I've learned a lot! And the welcome and the community that is here is just amazing, it's honestly made my week to know that a place like this exists in the world. You're so positive and supportive and everything that a roleplay community should be.

Once I've poked around more, I may post a few topics to find out more about how things work and how I can develop my project to help more people find RPR and the incredible community you have here!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » oh boy, I'm overwhelmed!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus