Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » ❄️ Winter Art Trade 2022 ❄️

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Just wanted to clarify since I've been getting a ton of questions about this, but this particular trade is a color, full body art trade.

If you would prefer a waist-up or a bust-only art trade, or an art trade where every participant works from the same base to customize it into a specific character, users are welcome (and encouraged!) to run their own trades with whatever rules they prefer. :)

Maybe in future we will also officially run some trades with drastically different criteria just to mix it up. But the rules of this one are already established.
The full-body thing is an especially weird hill to die on considering how often people waive it on the character form (28 times on the first page alone). Just like how nobody has to justify entering with "borrowed" art and no evidence they draw, you don't have to justify blocking anyone you don't want assigned. It's an inclusive trade and I hope those on the fence reconsider.
(Hi everyone im not dead)

Character Name:Raine Asawa
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Raine
Species: Human
Gender expression: Female
Personality: A strong willed woman who is quick to anger and easily embarrassed.
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) Full body
Brief physical description of the character: Long dark blue hair, pale white skin and a voluptuous body
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) castles, medieval settings, the woods
Anything else we need to know: check out her page for references!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
yes but not romantically

Character Name: Osirus Kitsiemuto
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:Osirus
Gender expression: Male
Personality: Positive, happy with wanderlust.
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) Full body
Brief physical description of the character: A dark skinned man with a thin physique. He has golden hair and bright blue eyes. He is adorned in jewelry and fine silks.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) A kingdom, sitting on pillows, somewhere bougie.
Anything else we need to know: Check out his profile for jewelry placement!

yes, same as above!
Going to just.. slide these in right here...

Character Name: Bambi
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Be prepared for many flowers.
Species: Human.. ish. Of demon descent.
Personality: A show-off; a cocky little headache- delve deeper and you'd know why; not that chatty vocally, but her expressions speak volumes; persnickity and prissy all the same, if it's not boujie, she doesn't want it; extremely intelligent and well-spoken; nosy though not to any extreme; can be anal about some details and completely overlook others
I prefer to receive: Full Body work!
Brief physical description of the character: lanky 11-year-old-looking girl with dark brown skin. Her eyes are yellow in some cases and brown in others. Gnarly hands that she likes to dress up with rings because even she can't stand her witchy fingers; orrr, you don't need to draw hands at all, they were severed long ago and she uses magic to keep up the guise that she does (you're welcome if you struggle to draw hands). She has large gauges with earrings through them. No hair whatsoever (not even eyebrows). 55inches, 4ft 6in.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Not needed, but if needing a color, yellows, pinks, anything perceived to be super girly.
Anything else we need to know: The girl is old. Old. A demon kept her alive since she was 11 years old and 11 years old she will remain until the demon within her says otherwise. Because of this, she envies women and tries to dress older than she appears. Nothing skimpy. Business casual is her favorite with some bright colors to accent. Blazers and loose, printed pants, heels- modern fashionable clothing. Ever watch The Devil Wears Prada? She's the Devil.

Character Name: Khali Maurice
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Witchy, witchy..
Species: Um.. Well, that's up to question.
Personality: Suave guy. Too suave. Dangerously suave. Fataly suave. An alluring man who doesn't spare time for what-if's, only for what is. He's frank, in a sardonic kind of way, and always looks like he wants to eat you alive... Does he?
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) Full Body preferred, but not mandatory if you're not comfortable.
Brief physical description of the character: Deep dark skin with cool undertones; hazel bewitching eyes; golden septum, bridge, and gauges; sharp jaw and cheek bones, pointy ears, a little more than swimmers build, long thick braid of dreads down his back or wrapped around on his head, three vertical scars on his right cheek (the one on the face, my friend); often wears a Dashiki and his preferred colors are navy, white, gold, indigo, black, and dark green; scarification along his arms.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): None and black, white, or grey background will suffice
Anything else we need to know: I think his profile speaks pretty well, so look there for inspiration.
Character Name: Tzelem
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: WARNING: the first page has nudity, so here's the link to the third.
Species: Inkling (a creation of alchemical work)
Personality: While her practices may say otherwise, Tzel is amiable and quite a pleasant to speak to. She's as selfless as some and more selfish than others. Truth is, she's a true chameleon and behaves in a manner that benefits her in the moment.
I prefer to receive: (full body art/bust/either) Full Body
Brief physical description of the character: Tzel has obsidian hair, skin, and eyes. She has a wide, almost masculine, looking jaw and tubby lips. There's something of a semi-wide nose there and almond eyes. Her physique is athletic, but not exactly lean, and and her hair extends a little beyond her hips.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Nothing particular
Anything else we need to know: Her profile sums her up pretty well.

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no):
I don't mind some daddy-daughter connection. Khali despises his daughter, though. On the other hand, I'd love to have Khali and Tzel drawn together!

PM me if you have any questions at all.
Character Name: Vethos

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
click (most recent/accurate)
click
click
click
click

Species: Human. Mage.

Gender expression: Masculine.

Personality: Arrogant, stand-offish, serious.

I prefer to receive: Full-body please.

Brief physical description of the character:
Six foot tall, the human's presence was imposing and strongly tied to powerful magic. Dark and brooding with a composure that was often one of subtle arrogance. His favoured outfits were richly decorated yet practical robes edged in ornate decorations, a further sign that he was a man of wealth fought for. Centuries old; unyielding times were written in the faint lines in the corners of his eyes and the grim set to his jaw. Fine grey strands clustered at his temples, with the rest of his long ink-black hair worn loose, paired with a short-trimmed moustache and beard with a central grey stripe. Darkness had touched the man of late; cold emptiness and a quick temper.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background)
- Library
- Alchemist's laboratory

Anything else we need to know:

- No.

Character Name: Fandrel

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
click
click

Species: Melanistic Leopard. Furre (aka Anthro)

Gender expression: Feminine.

Personality: Word hard, play hard. Scrappy, at times.

I prefer to receive: Full body, please.

Brief physical description of the character:
Brutal regality. Battle-scarred 'pard appeared to have been hewn from the depths of the abyss itself, such was her darkness in both heart and presentation. Ink-black silky hair lengthy and unfettered, framing well the strong features of strikingly intent golden eyes, marred by the vicious scar from 'brow to cheek. Similar evidences of conflict and a past life of hardship and trials survived hidden by tailored garments made from embroidered wool, linen and leather panels. Metal-heeled boots marked her stride. At her hip, her sword, rarely far from her grasp. Hard-won wealth her presentation, a creature of determined ambition and ferocity.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background)

Anything else we need to know:
This symbol should be included on her person, ideally on a metal gorget, etched.

- No.
Character Name: Yrgyll Ryd
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/leshen
Species: Magus
Personality: Keen. Nervous. Reserved.
I prefer to receive: Fullbody
Brief physical description of the character: A wiry man with curly red hair and dressed in green garb with a wooden stick.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Dim decrepit castle or a bright mushroom grove.
Anything else we need to know: The familiar is optional!

Character Name: Lilas Calloway
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/strixen
Species: Magus
Personality: Cheeky. Observant. Sleight.
I prefer to receive: Fullbody
Brief physical description of the character: A petite woman with brunette hair and dressed in violet robes with a metal rod.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Illuminated magic library or a firefly forest at dusk.
Anything else we need to know: The familiar is optional!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Absolutely... as friends!

Just a reminder, there's one more week left for signups! :)
dropping in verrrrry last minute~

---

Character Name: Russel
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1457496/399467
Species: Dragon (with a human form)
Gender expression: Male (he/him)
Personality: Nervous and easily spooked, but easily excited by new things! He's got a kind heart.
I prefer to receive: full body
Brief physical description of the character: He's a very short and twiggy kid. His hair is a rusty red, reach his shoulders, and he has lots of freckles and green, draconic like eyes. Always wears a golden scarf around his neck, and long-sleeved shirts. In his dragon form, he's got flame-red scales, curly black horns, and a set of four wings.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) At home, in a cozy environment. Out in the forest, exploring. Perhaps in the sky, practicing his flying. He enjoys doodling, perhaps out in the world sketching something interesting?
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to draw him in either of his forms, or even mix them up ^^

Character Name: Sonia
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/crookedcatcop/371090
Species: Werecat
Gender expression: Female (she/her)
Personality: Bastard cat energy :3 She's kind of a menace, tends to cause trouble--but is very loyal to her friends and cares for them deeply. Also likes to hoard knives.
I prefer to receive: fullbody
Brief physical description of the character: Tall lady, has short sandy hair and big ol' cat ears! She's got fur growing on her cheeks, as well as a long tail. She typically wears brightly colored clothes, as well as a black choker and fingerless gloves. Her animal form is housecat sized, looks like a mix between a Siamese cat and a lynx.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Out on the streets, parkouring across buildings (in either animal or human form), sneaking about urban environments in places she shouldn't be, hanging out in her buddy Tobias' café
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to draw her in either of her forms! Or you can draw her in some terrible amalgamation of both (I have examples on her profile, her shapeshifting ability is freaky)

Character Name: Tobias
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/starwoodwitch/369144
Species: Witch
Gender expression: Male (he/him)
Personality: Snarky, finicky in nature. Has an insatiable curiosity for strange and mysterious things, but tries to stay out of trouble. Can be anxious, especially when separated from his familiars or dragged into spooky situations.
Brief physical description of the character: Tall beanpole of a guy, has medium-length fluffy hair that he typically ties back. Eyes are a unnatural purple, glow when he uses magic. Has glasses and a dark witch hat. Wears darker colored clothes, often longcoats and other warmer wear. Usually accompanied by his familiars, a white cat and a black jackal.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Working at his café (making potions in the back, baking goods, etc.), out on the streets, gathering ingredients in the field
Anything else we need to know: His familiars are optional!

Character Name: Skyler
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1441980/361788
Species: Dragon
Gender expression: Female (she/her)
Personality: Quiet and reserved type, content to listen while others talk. Surprisingly, has a fiery temper and can be insensitive with her words. Generally a good soul who will help those in need.
Brief physical description of the character: A dragon of average height for her age and species. She is covered in green scales, with a dark purple underbelly, mane, and wings. Often wears a leather collar fitted with a thin emerald. Sometimes has bronze goggles.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Flying far up in the sky, reading in a library, out in the wilderness
Anything else we need to know: Her main ref is slightly outdated--the backs of her wings should be the same dark purple as the undersides, just without the oval markings. The goggles and bracelet are optional, the collar is not!

I don't mind! Sonia and Tobias come from the same setting and are canonically close friends. You can check their profiles to get a feel for their friendship. Russel and Skyler are from their own, separate settings, but I don't mind if you draw interactions between any of them ^^
If I am still in time, attempting this...

Character Name: Cris / Light Raygun
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1448218 (profile), https://i.ibb.co/TTWzmm5/Costumes.png (costumes)
Gender expression: Female.(she/her)
Personality: Changes depending on the various stages of her life. As a pirate; cocky, devil-may-care, adventurous, fun-loving and bold; her eyes are laughing. As a vigilante: driven, threatening, commanding, but in a very aloof qay. Ordinary/everyday: either impassive and blank or soft-eyed, thoughtful, very caring and affectionate, but with a shadow of wistfulness, like a survivor who's trying to move on with her life.
I prefer to receive: Either
Brief physical description of the character: 5'4'', with pale ivory skin, long dark brown hair in which a rose is tucked and dark eyes behind blue-tinted visor-like glasses. Her clothing changes too depending on what stage of her life you choose to go with. (Pirate) She wears a striped jacket with rolled sleeves, a blue scarf, shirts colored either grey, dull brown or black, high-waist black leather trousers and short boots with metal tips and roses decorations. She always has two futuristic guns with her., which are non-optional. (Ordinary / Vigilante) In both instances she wears a long white and red (or dark crimson) kimono with roses decorations, occasionaly with white gloves. If vigilante, she will necessarily also be wearing her japanese flared white and red kitsune mask, as well as either a futuristic gun, a katana, shurikens, or a sai dagger; weapons and mask are optional in her "ordinary" attire (though the mask will more likely be slipped over her head or hanging from the obi sash around her waist.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Futuristic/scifi landscape, or Japanese-themed
Anything else we need to know: If going with Pirate!Cris, she may or may not have the scar on her right cheek (viewer's left), but for Ordinary!Cris (sans mask) it's not optional, as she received it during her pirate days.

Preferably not.

Character Name: Professor Leonard Ghertivel
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1462704
Gender expression: Male (He/Him)
Personality: Aloof, contemptuous, always has an air of superiority about him, thoroughly disinterested in anything that isn't his science projects with a definite condescending air, and very little patience.
I prefer to receive: Either
Brief physical description of the character: Tall and whipcord lean, pale skinned, with long straight white hair and piercing, scowling blue eyes. His face is lined with age, but he carries himself with the authority and haughtiness of a man in his prime. He wears a long lab coat and virtual holographic visor, similar to Google Glasses.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Sci-fi/cyberpunk virtual lab.
Anything else we need to know: The only exception to his customary annoyed and haughty expression is if he's working on an experiment, then he'll be absolutely over-the-moon hyperfocused on what he's doing, with an obsessive glint to his eyes.

Preferably not.
Sanne Moderator

Character Name: Lorelei
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/lorelei/
Species: Mermaid
Gender expression: Feminine
Personality: Bright and friendly, highly curious, often found to be charming, always honest, clever
I prefer to receive: Fully body art of her mermaid form
Brief physical description of the character: Fair skin, feminine figure (more soft than muscular), light brown wavy hair that reaches past her shoulders, and bright blue eyes. She's preferably nude but can be drawn wearing covering. Her tail is primarily purple with gradients of cyan, deep blue and a hint of pink. Her fins are nearly holographic rainbow.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Underwater
Anything else we need to know: If you would like to see reference images from her profile but are uncomfortable with nudity, please let me know and I can provide censored versions to you! You're welcome to ask Kim to forward them if you don't want to spoil the surprise. :)

No more signups! I'm working on assignments now. Watch your inbox today :D

All assignments have been sent! Please let me know if you didn't receive yours :)
4jR4fHL.png

First blood! with a blood cat for Scarlet_Blooodbath
Thanks for letting us submit early.

Reveal
It's Branch Durzum for knightofheart!

AJETO4s.jpg

These look amazing!
My gift for GingerHades

Untitled132_20221211115315.png
Galaxy-Star wrote:
My gift for GingerHades

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD-

Where do I even begin?? This is absolutely ADORABLE! I REALLY like Terrane's visage on the pendant itself, that's so cool! And Bailey is just so cute I wanna give her a big ol' SQUISH-

Thank you so so SO much!! You did both of them justice! :D
Well, since I'm done and some people are posting early, I might as well drop mine off while I'm here! :D

This one's for XenoverseSurvivor!

Nib5rvs.png
GingerHades wrote:
Galaxy-Star wrote:
My gift for GingerHades

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD-

Where do I even begin?? This is absolutely ADORABLE! I REALLY like Terrane's visage on the pendant itself, that's so cool! And Bailey is just so cute I wanna give her a big ol' SQUISH-

Thank you so so SO much!! You did both of them justice! :D

I'm so glad you like it! Once I read that these two could be drawn together and they hate each other it was sealed. And it made it easier that one could be in a pendant😂
fig

1.png

here is Dndmama's Dayaxa!! she was a delight to draw.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » ❄️ Winter Art Trade 2022 ❄️

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus