Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Summer Art Trade 2023! BUST PORTRAITS

Kim Site Admin

artist_Elf.pngWe're doing an official RPR art trade. Please read the rules carefully before signing up! THE CRITERIA FOR ART IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME AROUND SO SERIOUSLY READ!

In this art trade, artists post information about a character (or characters, if they want to give the other person a choice of things to draw) they would like to receive gift art of. At a specified cut off date, submissions stop and each artist is randomly assigned someone else in the exchange. Then each artist draws the thing they got, and on a certain day, everyone exchanges what they drew. So you do art for someone else, and someone else gives you art. It's like secret Santa, but with art!

ENTRIES DUE BY JUNE 16th (That's a Friday)
ASSIGNMENTS SENT ON JUNE 17th (That's a Saturday)
ART IS DUE ON JULY 9th (That's a Sunday)

PLEASE BE CERTAIN YOU CAN COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNED PIECE IN THE TIME ALLOWED.
If you're not sure, just play it safe and don't enter. There's always the winter art trade, or next year's summer art trade!

Check your calendars carefully!

There will be a one week grace period for posting art in case of emergencies. If you don't turn in your art by the end of that one week grace period, you might not be able to participate in official art trades for a year. It's only fair that everyone who does art should get art in return.

This time, we're doing busts!
Previously, we've done full-body art trades. This summer, we're trying something new -- this is going to be a BUST ART TRADE -- with characters shown from mid-torso up. The main focus is on facial features and expression.

What if I get carried away and do a full body picture anyway?
It's always fine if you want to do more, just keep in mind that you will probably receive a bust in return.

This art trade is open to artists of all skill levels!
We are no longer dividing artists into "dabbler" and "devotee" categories. We do ask that this not be your first or second attempt at drawing, but if you've been drawing for roughly a year or more and are willing to do your very best, you're welcome here. Participants should go in with the expectation that the art they receive will be in an unknown style and completed by someone with an unknown skill level, and be excited to get a nice surprise whatever it turns out to be. If you think you may be upset if your gift art turns out to come from an artist who is not as experienced as yourself, or who uses a style of art that is not to your taste, this is not the art trade for you.

Remember, the art you will be given is a GIFT. Someone did their very best to capture your character for you. Please don't get angry if they made mistakes; they did their very best to the best of their ability and understanding to make you something nice, just like you are going to do for whoever you are assigned. :)

I'm not good at drawing (humans/animals/robots/reptiles/something else), can I specify that I don't want to be paired with someone with a character like that?
Nope. If you get thrown a curveball, you're going to have to do your best. Stretch out of your comfort zone! ;)

Is there a risk I could be paired with someone I have blocked?
No. Our matcher is largely random, but it DOES take into account people you have blocked and will not give such assignments. Please be certain you have blocked participants you want to be certain you are not assigned to draw for under any circumstances, and leave them blocked until you receive your art trade assignment.

What are the requirements of the artwork?
  • The following types of artworks can be submitted:
    • Digital drawing/painting/3d modeling
    • Sculpture/models you have created from scratch and painted or otherwise colored, so long as you have a method of taking a well-lit photo of your artwork
  • WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING HAND-DRAWN AND THEN PHOTOGRAPHED DRAWINGS THIS YEAR. Sorry, but we have had WAY too many problems with this in the past few years.
  • Artworks should be a bust portrait (mid torso up, usually shown without the arms,) though we won't yell at you if you get carried away and do more.
  • Drawings should be in color, unless there is a strong, articulated reason why you made an artistic choice to do black and white. It needs to be something like "it matched the noir flavor of the character and I was really trying to capture that mood," or "I am legally color blind and was afraid I would use the wrong colors," not "I ran out of time" or "I was too lazy."
  • Backgrounds are not required, but you're welcome to include one if the muse moves you.
  • Please make sure your artwork is appropriate for posting on the public forums, so PG-13, non-nude, etc. :)
  • Artwork you submit must be your own original work. If your piece is found to be:
    • Directly stolen, or simply a recolor of an exisiting piece of art.
    • Traced in part or in total
    • AI generated or revised in part or in total
    • Dramatically over-referenced
    You will be banned from the art trade for at least two years, and possibly permanently.

Does it have to be a surprise? What happens if I want to ask my assigned person questions about their character?
Many people like to keep their art trade assignments a surprise, and do a big reveal on the final day. If this is you, you can have me pass on your questions anonymously to your art trade recipients.

However, that's not required. If you prefer, you can ask your assigned person questions about their character directly.

What if I finish early? Can I post the artwork early?
Most people prefer to do a big reveal all at once on the final due date. It feels a bit like a holiday. However, this is only tradition, it is not a rule.

You're free to post your art trade artwork early if you like! This is especially encouraged for those of you who are afraid you will forget or not be online around the time of the final art trade due date ;)

What happens if I did my part for the art trade, but the person who was assigned me goes AWOL?
If you did your part of the art trade, but don't receive anything in return by the deadline or after the grace period, we'll find another artist who will make sure you get a piece of gift art too.

What happens if I sign up but then have a BIG HUGE EMERGENCY that is going to prevent me from participating?
If this happens, please let me know ASAP so I can figure something out.

At the end of the art trade, how do I turn in my finished piece?
Please post your finished piece in this topic, with a note about who it was for. This way I'll be able to check you off my list as confirmed at the same time that your recipient gets to see it. :)

I've read the rules and I'M IN! How do I sign up?
To enter, fill out the following form for each character you'd like to offer as a possibility for the artist assigned to you. Remember, no matter how many characters you submit, the person assigned you is only required to draw a single character.

ENTRY FORM
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b] [b]Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Gender expression:[/b] [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Brief physical description of the character:[/b] [b]Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background)[/b] [b]Anything else we need to know:[/b] [b]If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)[/b]
Claine Moderator

I AM ReADY

Comic Characters

Character Name: West
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/sadboy
Species: Human
Gender expression: Cis-Male
Personality: Reserved, Struggles to connect with others, violent + rude as a self defence mechanism.
Brief physical description of the character: Short with a stocky build, short white hair and red eyes (these are features of his homeland). Has a distinctive scar under his eye and across his lip. Not very fashion forward, but wears both neutral colours and garish pink. There are loads of reference images on his profile and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Cars, vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: I am perfectly okay with a little violence/blood in any artwork given to me!

Character Name: Barame
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/RatPrince
Gender expression: Cis-Male
Personality: He's a man with two sides. Friendly and sociable in day to day life, yet he's able to hide how effortlessly cruel he is in his work.
Brief physical description of the character: He's a little on the shorter side, but he has a somewhat lanky build. He has long white hair (usually tied back) and red eyes (these are features of his homeland). His eyesight is very poor so he always wears glasses. He dresses like a 10 year old who has suddenly been given $1 million spending money. There are loads of reference images on his profile and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: I am perfectly okay with a little violence/blood in any artwork given to me!

Character Name: Adael
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/adael
Species: Spirit (who usually appears Human)
Gender expression: Usually appears male
Personality: Adael can come off as somewhat cold and calculating and driven by revenge. He is skilled at big-picture thinking and managing people and resources. He's not an emotionless creature, and he is soft in his own way but his time is overwhelmingly occupied by working towards larger goals.
Brief physical description of the character: Adael is somewhat tall and muscular with brown hair. He wears an eyepatch over his right eye, the exposed one also brown in colour. While usually hidden by his clothing and eyepatch, Adael has many black scars and a magic seal on his body betraying his non-human nature. Here is an image showing them. There are plenty of other images on his page and in the comic.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Vibrant cities, cyberpunk-ish.
Anything else we need to know: Do you like body horror? I like body horror! Feel free to go wild! + as above I'm fine with violence and blood.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Yes! Adael and Barame are in a relationship and West is a close friend. I'd love to see any of them drawn together :)

D&D Character

Character Name: Beatrice
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/fey
Gender expression: Cis-Woman
Personality: Reserved, Kind-Hearted, Loyal with a bit of a cheeky streak.
Brief physical description of the character: Beatrice is somewhat on the short and stocky side with a brown bob-cut, and brown eyes. She also has a magic pink gemstone embed into the back of her left hand.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Fairy forest, Fantasy city, Spiders also make for good theming
Anything else we need to know: Nothing I can think of, but feel free to ask :)
Sanne Moderator

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!

Character Name: Lorelei
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/lorelei
Species: Humanoid, Mermaid
Gender expression: Woman
Personality: Bright and friendly, highly curious, often found to be charming, always honest, clever
Brief physical description of the character: Fair skin, feminine figure (more soft than muscular), light brown wavy hair that reaches past her shoulders, and bright blue eyes. She's preferably nude but can be drawn wearing covering. Her tail is primarily purple with gradients of cyan, deep blue and a hint of pink. Her fins are nearly holographic rainbow.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Underwater, beach
Anything else we need to know: If you would like to see reference images from her profile but are uncomfortable with non-sexual nudity, please let me know and I can provide censored versions to you! You're welcome to ask Kim to forward them if you don't want to spoil the surprise. :)

Character Name: Lorraine
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/lorr
Gender expression: Woman
Personality: Driven, problem solver, quiet, assertive, highly independent, kindness through small gestures, warm
Brief physical description of the character: Muscular and fit, she's tall and noticeably present in a crowd. Her hair is brown with a faint wave or curl in it naturally, but typically always tied into a convenient bun. Depending on the season she's either pretty pale or has a mild tan going. She prefers clothing that allow freedom of movement, such as jeans, sweatshirts and tank tops. She always carries a backpack with supplies.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) A post-apocalyptic environment, 15 years after a zombie outbreak (so cities are overgrown with plants, lots of places are falling apart etc.)
Anything else we need to know: Nope!

No. :)
Taking part!! :3

Character Name: Cris "Light Raygun"
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1448218
Gender expression: Female
Personality: Either bold/defiant/fun-loving (pirate days), neutral/wistful (mostly present) or impassive/stern (vigilante)
Brief physical description of the character: She's on the short side and has long wavy dark brown hair, dark eyes and pale skin. Attire varies depending on when the picture is set; it can be her old pirate outfit with striped jacket, shirt, black trousers and guns, or her current one (which also goes for vigilante) with red-and-white kimono and face vovered by a kitsune-like mask.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Either futuristic town or alleyway, everything works!
Anything else we need to know: If the picture is pirate days or after, she must have a slashed scar on her right cheek.
Character Name: Amu
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/Amuhkat
Species: Sphinx x Eldritch horror
Personality: She is a queen and she knows it, very lazy
Brief physical description of the character: Massive feline with a deep red mane and tan face fur with long ears
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Arabic, Turkish
Anything else we need to know:It’s all on the RPR

No

Character Name: Yangin
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/SpicyRopeNope
Species: Lava elemental
Gender expression: Agender
Personality: Curious, playful, with a streak of chaos
Brief physical description of the character: Lava elemental naga
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) FIRE! beaches, they like to collect sand
Anything else we need to know: all on the rpr

No
LET ME IN...
LET ME IIIIINNNNNNNN!

Pick Your Poison!

Character Name: Enoki
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/mushroom-man/451094
Species: Mushroom
Gender expression: Male
Personality: A loud show-off who revels in optimistic nihilism. Is an adrenaline junkie/thrill seeker. Loves adventuring. Also loves violence.
Brief physical description of the character: An 8-inch tall anthropomorphic mushroom with a purplish-blue tone. Has a very thin build with clawlike digits for his hands and feet. His face is rounded with yellow, catlike Jack-o-lantern facial features. Both his head and the tip of his tail are made up of dark blue mushroom caps decorated with yellow spots. He wears a brown poncho, his arms and legs are wrapped with bandages, and he wields a spear- it's a sharp piece of flint tied to a stick.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): In nature! A rainy forest or a mossy cave would do just fine!
Anything else we need to know: Try not to forget his spear! He could be holding it, or it could be sheathed behind his back.

Character Name: Eleanor
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1465337/418808
Personality: Highly intelligent, responsible, and brave. May be mildly off her rocker. Tries to enjoy herself and her job while also not trying to work herself to death. Sometimes she's very tired.
Brief physical description of the character: A tall woman with tanned skin and silvery hair tied back into a ponytail. Wears a pristine labcoat, a blue v-neck blouse, rectangular glasses and gray dress pants.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Any futuristic, sci-fi, or space-themed setting would be perfect!
Anything else we need to know: If you want to, you can draw her under Elliot's control! Appearance hardly changes, aside from dark sclerae, white irises, and the loose strand of hair on her head resembles one of Elliot's antenna.

Character Name: Bailey
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1463595/414431
Personality: Mischievous, Well-mannered, Clumsy, Disorganized, and Outgoing.
Brief physical description of the character: A pre-teen girl with scruffy white hair, pale red eyes, and round glasses. She wears an oversized royal purple robe, with sleeves so long they cover her hands.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): The great outdoors! Forest, lakes, mountains, meadows, anything goes!
Anything else we need to know: Bailey is a shapeshifter! Drawing her as an animal, or with animal traits, is both allowed and encouraged! Just remember to keep her albinism!

Character Name: Patches
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/patches/423066
Species: Ragdoll
Gender expression: Androgynous
Personality: Oblivious, childlike, playful, and affectionate. They're also kinda dumb.
Brief physical description of the character: A fairly big ragdoll of unknown gender. Has eggshell-white 'skin' with burgundy patches on different parts of their body. Has a single soulless eye (the other one is missing and replaced with an X), a poorly-sewn-shut mouth, and navy blue dreadlocks made of yarn. Has big pillowy arms, a lavender jacket with a big zipper, and black slippers. Also has a pullstring on their back.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): A playground or a child's room would be most fitting! (Don't be afraid to make the setting creepy!)

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no):
No thank you! Please keep them all solo. :D
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! It's here again! I'm in I'm in I'm in!

Click here for entries cause long:

Character Name: Cirrea Borealis
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Rpr profile here!
Personality: Sweet, A bit naïve, Zealous and determined
Brief physical description of the character: Pale, slim and petite with a riot of curly magenta kept semi in check by two braids/pony tails, A pair of round glasses far too large for her face sit perched upon her nose
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Rainy days
Anything else we need to know: Preferred colors are pink, lavender and brown

Character Name: Iona Urquhart
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RPR profile here!
Personality: Proud, Angry, Quick to resort to violence
Brief physical description of the character: Muscular, Sun browned pale skin, Deep blue tattoos on her arms/shoulder/face, Burn scars on her left shoulder but also all sorts of other random scars all over
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Mead hall, Highlands
Anything else we need to know:Preferred colors are green, blue and gold

Character Name: Lucitoare
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RPR profile here!
Species: Gold Dragon (though he's probably got some red in his lineage)
Gender expression: Male
Personality: Greedy, Vain, Proud, Kind of a douche
Brief physical description of the character: In his human form he's got medium length blonde hair, big red and gold horns curling from the side of his head and clear pale skin and bright golden eyes
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Gold, Fancy expensive furnishings
Anything else we need to know: Preferred colors are gold, white and red

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants:
Preferred not, none of these characters are in the same world at all
Uuuh I have lots of characters so it's hard to choose. I'll list a few but I'm totally fine if the artist chooses any other character existing in my profile!

"Characters list"

Character Name: Nessa Luthier
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/nessa
Species: Elf
Gender expression: I don't mind!
Personality: Cheerful, happy, excited most of the time.
Brief physical description of the character: You can see the refs in their profile.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): I don't mind!

Character Name: Amber
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/amberfox
Species: Fox-Girl
Personality: Cheerful, happy, excited most of the time.
Brief physical description of the character: You can see the refs in their profile.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): I don't mind!

Character Name: Ava Leclaire
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/ava-leclaire
Personality: Shy but cheerful, mostly blushed because she probably did something embarrassing.

no, they're not related at all
Character Name: Phelnox

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here. There's other reference pictures and a link to a pinterest board as well.

Species: Humanoid Alien.

Gender expression: Male.

Personality: Empathetic. He prefers to not use violence but will if there's no other option. He's rather protective of those he grows close to.. Although he looks intimidating he's a big teddy bear - he definitely has a resting mean face though. this is probably from his mind always running a thousand miles a minute.

Brief physical description of the character:

Look 1:

7'8 with an athletic build and a royal blue skin tone. He has floral designs carved into his skin from his shoulders down to his finger tips, and from his naval down to his inner thighs. He also has a large, ruggedly healed scar across his neck. Solid androgynous features with shaped cheekbones, Alert eyes and high eyebrows. His canines are all sharper and longer than a humans and peek out from behind his lips when he speaks and smiles.

He has no genitalia, but identifies as and has the figure of a male. He is comepletely hairless other than on his eyebrows and scalp. His hair is short and freshly cut. Blue similar to his skin; unkempt and messy from the waves in it. His alert eyes contain black sclera, vibrant blue Iris' that seems to constantly move in fluid motions, and black pupils that dilate in extremes (Extremely large pupils in the dark, extremely tiny in direct sunlight.).

Look 2:

When underwater his skin, organs, arteries and all other parts of his body become transparent jelly much like a jellyfish. His bones are clearly visible and are black; he basically looks like a skeleton under the water.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background)

Tropical forest, spaceship, or underwater (Use look 2 for underwater.)

Anything else we need to know:

He was born via a program and was raised specially to be a warrior so he is physically fit and agile, so he's not super broad shouldered.

N/a
Sorry for posting in the wrong page! Here, let me try again…

Emerald Marigold
Not in RPR, I hope that’s okay :)
Skeleton
Cisgender female, she/her
Pretty rude, no-nonsense, cold, and harsh. Little to no sympathy when it comes to others.
Athletic build, muscular, but her armor normally hides it.
either a snowy land, a palace, or a military base
This is one of her friends, in case you want to draw two people :)

characters to be drawn together if the artist wants? Yep! Only if they want tho lol
Hah bust portrait's probably the only art trade I can handle, so let's do it!

the babes

Character Name: Rye Earthgaard
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1471686
Species: Human/Changeling
Gender expression: M
Personality: Bright, clumsy, nervous, earnest, full of ADHD energy
Brief physical description of the character: Dark, messy curly hair; Hazel and Green mismatched eyes; tan skin; lean with high cheek bones; bright smile. When his magic is active, his appearance changes - face becomes gaunt, skin dulls and dries, cracking in texture like tree bark; hair tints green and takes on a leafy texture
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): in a garden
Anything else we need to know: Would love to see your take on his look when his magic is active!

Character Name: Kohl
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1471206
Species: Ifrit
Personality: Polite, calm, courtly graces
Brief physical description of the character: Charcoal black skin; Fiery red hair, jaw length; hazel eyes; stubble to full beard; wide shoulders with chain-like burn scars that look like ash drawn on skin. He looks serious and contemplative most of the time.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): somewhere hot
Anything else we need to know: He's got a chained spirit bound to him if you're feeling ambitious

Character Name: Dmitra Black
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1475539
Species: vampire
Gender expression: gender non-conforming
Personality: Still, professional, difficult to rouse, very confident/proud
Brief physical description of the character: Dusky dark complexion; short hair; grey eyes; multiple piercings; severe looking (like she's judging you)
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Somewhere dark?
Anything else we need to know: They don't have a vampire look yet! Go wild!

Character Name: Irikah Keiko
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1471579
Species: half-elf
Gender expression: F
Personality: Disciplined, serious, dutiful, introspective, patient
Brief physical description of the character: Pale skin; straight black waist length hair (sometimes braided and worn around her neck); tall and toned, perfect posture
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Japan (fantasy analog?), she travels a lot, so anywhere
Anything else we need to know: She was trained as a samurai, if you want to include gear

Character Name: Kaoru Javier Unfrid
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1472802
Species: Versatile Ancestry (mostly human)
Personality: Sociable, charming, full of energy, energetic and excitable
Brief physical description of the character: Mixed race (fantasy analogues for Japanese, Scandinavian, Mexican; also some non-human bloodlines - honestly go wild, his whole thing is that he is everything but belong no where); long dark hair in a braided hawk, shaved on the sides; tan skin tone; broad chest but otherwise lean
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): some kind of show?
Anything else we need to know: nope ~

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no): Yeah sure, go wild =)
Character Name: Rosalina DeLeon
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1470539
Gender expression: Cisgender Woman
Personality:
Hard headed, tends to be serious at work, caring, hard working, trustworthy, smart, loyal, compassion
She a dark skinned woman with black hair and tends to wear old west style clothes but she also could wear mexican outfits
Old west or Mexican Villa

Yes

Character Name: Rai Mikoto
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1449321
Species: Demigod
Gender expression: Androgynous
Personality:
Quiet when left alone, a bit of a temper, loyal, stubborn, is easy to get into a fight, boyish, caring to friends and family, tends to get bored easily even in a fight
Pale skin, storm grey eyes, long black straight hair usually in a ponytail, wears unisex or male clothing
Restaurant, training areas, or just in a bedroom

yes
Ilmarinen Moderator

It is time!

Character Name: Sivwikkas
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/sivwikkas
Species: isswas (bipedal four-armed alien)
Gender expression: androgynous
Personality: Nervous and naive to a fault. They constantly worry about how they are perceived by their peers and superiors, and desperately want to prove themself as competent. Very intelligent, but perhaps not very wise.
Brief physical description of the character: A diminutive vaguely-amphibian alien with four arms and a worried smile. Triple-bulbed antennae as well as color changing spots always make it particularly obvious how they're feeling.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Academia, space stations, anything sci-fi or hackery.
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to reinterpret their outfits! The black caps on their toes are like little shoes. I haven't fully decided all the details of their color changing ability, so you can interpret that if you'd like.

Character Name: "the dragon"/Gullintanni/Heimdall
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/gullintanni
Species: dragon
Gender expression: none/agender
Personality: Stoic and sleepy. It enjoys riddles, and can be quite impish when the mood strikes it.
Brief physical description of the character: A colossal black dragon with beady grey eyes, ram's horns, and thick, spiky scales. Occasionally its scales are carved or inset with gemstones. It wears a gold ring around its left ring finger.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Anywhere! The dragon is my mascot/online persona, so it can be depicted in ways that seem "out of character," such as sitting at a computer, etc.
Anything else we need to know: It no longer wears the Thor's hammer pendant.

Character Name: Ramsay
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/chef
Species: goron (Legend of Zelda)
Gender expression: masculine
Personality: Very loud, enthusiastic, and gruff. When working with professionals he can become downright mean, refusing to coddle anyone who he thinks should be pulling their weight.
Brief physical description of the character: A chunky goron with a big white beard and a little white top knot. He doesn't wear much, in proper goron fashion, but his stony skin keeps him protected from the elements.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Mountains, hot springs, lava baths, hot kitchens
Anything else we need to know: He likes to hang out with Koroks!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants?: No thank you!
I am so game for this.

Character Name: Hazesh
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: (here)
Species: Yuan Ti.
Gender expression: Masculine.
Personality: Observant. Intuitive. Cunning. Ruthless. Opportunistic. Greedy.
Brief physical description of the character: Dusky/medium tanned skin with paler scales. Dark brown hair with teal tips, partial waves and partial dreadlocks. Gold pupilless eyes. Piercings - central lip ring, Medusa. Scarring suggests a life of misadventure as much as adventure. Less bulky, more lean and compact, but definitely muscled.
Suggested environments The sea or a pirate ship.
Anything else we need to know: Dude's a pirate.

Character Name: Lusar
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: (here)
Species: Dragia.
Gender expression: Female/Feminine.
Personality: Kind-hearted, sweet, charitable. A little bit naïve in the rose-tinted glasses sense.
Brief physical description of the character: Pale skin. Red verging on pink eyes. Warm honey gold, subtle curls. Just past level with her sternum with small golden feathers strewn throughout. Feathered wings in a range of golden bordering on golden brown hues. Plumed tail.
Suggested environments A floating white/gold palace in the sky or clouds.
Anything else we need to know: Princess!

No
this is my first time doing this im so nervous

Character Name: Milo Fethermore!

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1478605

Gender expression: Masculine / Transmasc

Personality: Laid back, logical, though shy and somewhat introverted. Hes very sweet.

Brief physical description of the character: Short skinny dude with dark skin, but white patches (vitiligo), and dark green fluffy and coily hair, and black eyes. Long and narrow bone structure. And he has big Harry Potter glasses.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) The forest, or maybe a gaming room. Or a nurses office if you wanna go that route.

Anything else we need to know: Not really. Make sure to draw his hearing aids (if they're visible from the angle).
Ooo I've never done this, but it sounds fun

Character Name: Rajen Miu-Sarii
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: See below info sheet
Species: Custom species (humanoid revermant)
Gender expression: Cisgender female
Personality: Rajen is very calm and quiet, but can be very stern when necessary. She has a judgmental look to her as well as an annoyed one, but she's really sweet when you get to know her. She is a touch shell to crack, but when close, she will do anything to ensure you're happy
Brief physical description of the character: 24 year old female with a pale yellow skintone, deep purple hair with golden streaks, and purple eyes. She also has rounded golden horns atop her head and two golden rods that pin her hair up into a half-bun half-ponytail. She also has a solid black tattoo of the sun on her right shoulder and long, pointed ears. Her body type is triangle.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): A modern fantasy world sort of like Piltover that you see in Arcane with colourful lights around. If you want to draw a more simple background, a mountainous field with a small rustic village in the background would be good as well.
Anything else we need to know: Rajen is royalty and is also considered a 'goddess' in the village of Baskins, so the drawing should portray that
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no):
N/A

goddessofgoldenfire.png
rajen-miu-sarii.png
Gab

Oh! This seems fun! I hope I can do whoever's character I get justice! I'll definitely try my best!

Character 1
Character Name: Cameron Locke

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/group-site/3282/topic/65056 (has some refs drawn by me here, though they're a little old)

Personality: Fairly shy, a bit of a fashionista, loves photography and flower crowns (more of her personality is in the profile I shared)

Brief physical description of the character: She's a bit curvy and, like I said, has a love for fashion. She's plus-sized and isn't afraid to wear crop tops, or other clothes that flatter her figure! She almost always has her camera on her. She's got a tanned skin tone, with freckles. Will wear glasses, but also sometimes changes her eye color with contacts (her eyes are naturally a dark brown) She has black hair that she likes to dye the tips of. She also experiments with makeup, so have fun with adding that if you want! I picture her with fairly round features, but I'm not sure how well that came across in the refs I drew, lol.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) She really likes being out and about so maybe something with nature?

Anything else we need to know: Like I said, she's plus sized, so please keep that in mind! Oh! And she has a tiger lily tattoo on her back, just in case that info is needed!

Character 2
Character Name: Norri Capozza

Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/group-site/3282/topic/65058 (like Cam's, the refs on her profile are drawn by me, but a little old)

Personality: Very stubborn and vocal, not afraid to fight someone in order to protect the people she cares about, very outgoing and loves making new friends, very proud of being pansexual

Brief physical description of the character: Dark skin and dyed dark red hair, which is naturally black. Athletic build with some muscles, warm, dark blue eyes. Has a small scar on her left cheek (even tho I sometimes forget to put that in... let's just say she'll sometimes cover it with makeup, lol) I picture her dressing a little more punk, tho she'll also sometimes wear some frillier outfits. I picture her having a bit more angular facial features.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) She likes to game, so maybe something to do with that!

Anything else we need to know: Hmmm... nope! Have fun if you draw her!

Yes, yes yes! These two are not so subtly crushing on each other so have fun with that if you draw them together lol
Sure, why not. I'll throw four out there and see what happens!
Character Name: Aldo
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/galvanist/
Species: Humanish (Cambion)
Personality: Generally presents as a fairly easygoing stoner rockstar - so one generally doesn't expect how brilliant, devious or inventive he actually is. Otherwise a pretty typical bard type, with a nasty streak of impostor syndrome regarding both his talents and his own humanity. Pretty difficult to shake into unpleasant emotions like grief or anger but when those hit, he's fantastically dramatic.
Has a completely incorrect compass regarding what is 'weird' and tends to meet the horrific and incomprehensible with curiosity and glee.
Brief physical description of the character: Tall, tan, broad-shouldered with dark curly hair and amber eyes that VERY often light up unnaturally with lime-colored sparks. Drawing him lighter is sometimes acceptable within reason but this man is not white; he is indigenous Central American. It's a recurring thing and I'm sorry I even have to reiterate it here, but I want to get ahead of it this time and also clear up any gallery questions before they crop up!
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Anywhere in a fantasy-Renaissance-ish time period. He's a bard and a mercenary; he's probably been there.
Anything else we need to know: There's lightning and necromantic powers available at your disposal! And a little magical microraptor familiar. He's pretty cute, too.
Character Name: Zeta
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/moreno
Personality: even MORE rock-and-roll than the last guy, but otherwise same as above. He's an AU!
Brief physical description of the character: He's literally the aforementioned Aldo, except about a decade older with a distinct and totally unserious '70s flair (including shaggier hair, sideburns, open-chest gaudy-patterned shirts and aviators). This profile may actually be the better of the two for referencing face structure; any piece of art by lewsey is a sure bet.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Modern; purple neon.
Anything else we need to know: He still has lightning powers, here! Go nuts! No microraptor this time, but he does have a little white cat who he occasionally dresses in tiny fringe vests.

Sure, it'd be funny.
Character Name: Sycorax
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/sycorax/
Species: Chupakri (Test tube bat-plus-whatever hybrid)
Gender expression: feminine/androgynous
Personality: Creative, perfectionist. Nerd. Often sweet. Anxious, and aggressive in that anxiety. Everything happens so much.
Brief physical description of the character: An anthropomorphic binturong on top, a jerboa on bottom and in the ears, with wild gray hair, a golden ruff and multicolored-reflective pupils. Often wearing some sort of spectacles or goggles; never wears shoes.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) A library or art studio. Any general fantasy-Renaissance vibe. A retro-biopunk mad science lab.
Anything else we need to know: Not immediately! If you have any questions, look over her profile - or ask me (by way of our host!)

Character Name: Snick
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/snick
Species: Chupakri
Gender expression: feminine
Personality: Manic, desperate for companionship, wanting to experience everything all at once and no concept of a pause or off-switch. Frequently gets into trouble because of this.
Brief physical description of the character: Another anthro hybrid gone wrong: small, tan, striped and long, with purple spines as hair, four ears and a frill around her neck and shoulders (like a lizard). The frill is NOT a veil like her current front page art suggests - sorry about any confusion there! The 'joins' are under her throat and along her jaw.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) A wacky little critter on a wacky large pirate ship. Or honestly - most things can work with her.
Anything else we need to know: Not immediately!
screw it, gonna join ^^

The Characters!

Character Name: Jayla
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RPR Profile
Species: Dragon
Gender expression: Female, she/her
Personality: Aggressive and sarcastic. Startlingly perceptive, will often make jabs and enjoys dark humor. Under the prickliness, she's extremely loyal to her friends and cares deeply--just in a very teasing way.
Brief physical description of the character: A skinny, pale purple dragon with a long, curly dark gold mane. She has a perpetual smirk on her face due to her long teeth, and has heterochromia in her eyes.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Any night-time environments where the stars are visible. Cliffsides by the sea. Medieval town environments, perhaps frequenting alleyways.
Anything else we need to know: She wields fire and wind if you want to incorporate that into your piece.

Character Name: Sonia
Species: Werecat
Gender expression: Female, she/her
Personality: Epitome of bastard cat energy. Chaotic, impulsive, and very aggravating. Has a soft spot for kids and would do anything for her loved ones.
Brief physical description of the character: Tall lady with large cat ears and a long tail. Her sandy hair is cut short, and her eyes are yellow-green and cat-like. Usually wears bright jackets or other clothing with lots of pockets, and a simple black choker. Her cat form is reminiscent of a Siamese cat, sandy-colored fur with darker points.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Cityscapes, especially rooftops and alleyways. Hanging out at a café.
Anything else we need to know: Feel free to draw either her human or cat form! Or, if you're feeling daring, you can try a hand at one of her more cursed shifts--examples for which can be found on her profile.

Character Name: Tobias
Species: Witch
Gender expression: Male, he/him
Personality: Snarky and finicky fellow. Extremely curious and nosy by nature, likes to listen to gossip (but would never admit it). Prefers to stay out of trouble, but unfortunately he seems to be a magnet for it. Can be very anxious, especially if separated from his familiars or in a tense situation.
Brief physical description of the character: A tall beanpole of a guy. His fluffy brown hair is usually tied and clipped back, and his unnatural purple eyes are hidden behind a pair of glasses. He favors darker clothes, likes to lean into a witchy aesthetic. Usually he's followed by his familiars: a fluffy white cat and a lean black jackal.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) In the kitchen making potions or just plain-old cooking. Gathering ingredients in the field. Out on a walk in the streets.
Anything else we need to know: His familiars are completely optional to draw, but I love to see them drawn with him ^^

Character Name: Russel
Species: Dragon (with a human form)
Gender expression: Male, he/him
Personality: A bundle of nervous energy. He's kind and compassionate by nature, but more than a little naïve. Unwaveringly curious about the world, and easily excited by new things.
Brief physical description of the character: A scrawny little teen, with rusty orange hair that just brushes his shoulders, freckles all over, and draconic green eyes. Typically wears a golden scarf at all times, and long-sleeved clothes. His dragon form has flame-red scales, curly black horns, and two pairs of golden-yellow wings.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Out in the woods, exploring. Practicing flight in the sky. Anywhere with interesting things to doodle (especially people, interesting critters, etc).
Anything else we need to know: He has both a human and dragon form! You can also draw him human with draconic features if you want.

Only for Tobias and Sonia--they are canonically very close friends! Sonia drags Tobias into shenanigans and helps him out whenever he's in a jam, Tobias cooks food for her often and enjoys her company. The rest are from different settings/stories.
!!!! I haven't played in these trades in a while and I missed them ;_; Always been worried I won't be able to make the deadline... but a bust? A bust I can do!! <3
Let's play! :D

Character Options

Ademyxia | Fem!Human Presenting Dragon

Character Name: Ademyxia
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: ToyHouse Profile
Species: Dragon | Appears Human
Gender expression: Feminine
Personality: Ambitious, confident, regal, a bit stoic. Not everyone's cup of tea...
Brief physical description of the character: A dark-skinned human / human-dragon woman with heavy curves and piercing orange eyes; She's regal as all heck
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Something fire / mountain themed is ideal, but something like a tavern or something equally as 'generic fantasy' as such would work!
Anything else we need to know: Demy has a Dragon form; If you'd rather draw a feral dragon than a human, just ask, and I'll send over a reference asap! c:

GORE / VIOLENCE WARNING || Algernon | Undead Human Masc!

Character Name: Algernon Montague
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: ToyHouse Profile
Species: Undead Human, shares brainspace with a spirit / demon
Gender expression: Masculine
Personality: Cold, stoic, manipulative, charismatic, ambitious, vengeful. Can be your angle or your devil
Brief physical description of the character: Slim farmer's build with a bit of lost weight due to undeath; Still in good shape. Generally wears more 'formal-lite' clothing.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Algernon owns a bar / pub with a dark underbelly. Feel free to also draw something sacrilegious-esc with him in a church setting or something similar if you'd like!! <3
Anything else we need to know: He's a very dark character; If you have any questions about him, feel free to ask <3

Calaway Holmes | Human / Shifter gardener, the softest boi

Character Name: Calaway Satan Holmes - Goes by Cal
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: ToyHouse Page
Species: Human; Also has a 'shifter' form (Werecat)
Personality: Very soft and gentle; Had a rough life, wants to leave the world a better place. He's very sweet, romantic
Brief physical description of the character: Soft athletic build. Covered in scars and floral tattoos.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Greenhouse / Florist shop / Herbal shop / Cafe ... Think "Soft fanfic AU" and he'll probably fit lol
  • Cal has a werecat-esc. secondary form - think an Anthro form, kinda. I don't have any art references for it, but if you want to draw an anthro cat, I'll try to scrounge up whatever inspo references I can for you!
  • Cal is COVERED in floral tattoos; I have an entire pin board full of inspo; Please go NUTS as much as you'd like. c:

Morteangelo | God of Death and Balance | Masc!

Character Name: Morteangelo
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: ToyHouse Page
Species: God | Appears Human
Personality: Calm, stoic, closed off yet not unfriendly; Extremely polite.
Brief physical description of the character: Face is Tom Hiddleston; He's lanky, a bit thin, and yet elegant and graceful.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Anywhere honestly, but graveyards and churches are cool!
Anything else we need to know: He has a secondary 'god form', that you're more than welcome to doodle out if you'd like! c:

No </3 All separate characters!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Summer Art Trade 2023! BUST PORTRAITS

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus