Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Summer Art Trade 2023! BUST PORTRAITS

I am here and ready to throw my characters in the ring! I am really excited to see everyone's entries!

Character Choices.
Character Name: Endymion Reese
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1436795
Species: Demon Prince
Gender expression: Male
Personality: Kind of a jerk but mostly because he is not mature yet. Young know it all but a fantastic big brother.
Brief physical description of the character: Endymion is a tall and slim young man whose body is kept in peak physical shape. He has unusual honey-gold eyes, swarthy caramel skin, soft black hair, and a clear complexion. Typically found in loose tees and a jacket. There is a black snake tattoo on his left arm that goes along his arm and onto his back shoulder blade. He tends to dress very casually.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Anywhere you wouldn't typically find royalty because he does his best to be anywhere his father wouldn't be.
Anything else we need to know: Nope

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
If you really wanted to go ahead. Kiah and Endy could eventually be friends.

Character Name: Kiah Thomas
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1468052
Species: Human
Gender expression: Female
Personality: Take-no-prisoners, No shits to give, confrontational, and holds nothing back.
Brief physical description of the character: Kiah has fairly sharp features and freckled skin. Her eyes are a lively green color with her hair cropped short. Kiah is fairly tall and thin. Despite her thin stature, she is strong in spirit. Staring down her adversaries.[/b]
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background)Her office or surrounded with papers. Anything kinda Sherlock Holmes would work too.
Anything else we need to know:

As long as you do it like friends. They are not a couple in any way shape or form.
mementomori

Character Name: Malchar
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Link to his page
Species: Tiefling
Personality: Social recluse but he loves plants and communicates with them through magical means, he is wary of others and it can typically take a while for him to warm up to a person, however when he does feel comfortable with a person he is affectionate and thoughtful and just generally appreciates having a strong bond with a friend
Brief physical description of the character: He has purple skin with some black swirls that begin on his chest and branch out onto his arms and up onto his neck and cheeks (sort of has a similar look to scar tissue), he has two horns coming out of his forehead, but his right horn is broken so it’s considerably shorter than the other one. He has a long scar across his nose, and another scar through the middle of his lips that runs down to his chin. His hair is black, and is super messy and cut unevenly because he cuts it himself with hedgeclippers, and his eyes are pitch black with little yellow pupils that glow in the dark. He also has two little fangs that stick out from his lower lip.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Honestly anything pertaining to nature, vines, greenery, flowers, etc.
Anything else we need to know: He’s a nature domain cleric, so he uses lots of plant magic. :)
Character Name: Adalia Romanova
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/character-site/1476370
Species: Enhanced human species
Gender expression: Demigirl (she/they), usually presents more neutral (in between genders)
Personality: Cold at first, loves to use sarcasm when she can, protective of those they love (though is quite distant in fear of hurting them)
Brief physical description of the character: Average build, slight muscular physique, usually wearing a bandana up to their nose hiding scars on lower half of face, most likely found in black clothing (usually alternative fashion)
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Maybe a dark night, I give full permission for creative liberty here.
Anything else we need to know: Adalia communicates by using sign language, so any incorporation of that would be very cool in my opinion if chosen to be included.
Very excited!

Here are my offerings:

Character Name:
Gretta
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: HERE
Species: cow-satyr
Gender expression: cisgender female.
Personality: protective, kind, strong, book worm, loves children.
Brief physical description of the character: Gretta is a cow-satyr that appears to look around 50 human years old. She has cow-like ears, small golden horns, curly salt and pepper grey hair, doe-like blue eyes, a heart-shaped face. She is 5'5" with a thick plush body and a very large bust. She has fluffy cow-like legs and hooves but only from the knee down, as well as a tail.
Suggested environments: cottage-core stuff.
Anything else we need to know: she is widowed.

~~~

Character Name:
Larkin
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: HERE
Species: Summer born Garden Fairy
Gender expression: Male but fairly gender-nonconforming, goes by he/they. Twink.
Personality: Kind, shy, introverted, animal lover.
Brief physical description of the character: Feminine, lithe, flat chested. Several inches tall. Orange-red hair, green eyes, tan freckled skin. Soft features. Green leaf-like wings.
Suggested environments: cottage-core stuff, nature in general.
Anything else we need to know: He has a blood thirsty horror-like secondary appearance.
First time doing this but wanting to challenge myself more than anything. So I'll dive in head first, no time to look. I'll do a character who I rarely illustrate so that there is more fun for the artist to use their creative eyes. :star:

Character Name: William Blackwood
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
Species: Human Sorcerer
Personality: Strict, strong-willed, spiritual and determined He is someone who is led by his own will and religion
Brief physical description of the character: Peach fair skin on an inverted triangular body for a 5'9 male has never looked more cold and distant. White hair with black stands and strips. Black soulless eyes. Dressed in a Dark Academia-inspired outfit of a black polo shirt, navy blue pea long pea coat, and black trousers with combat boots. He has a tree necklace and two black rings on both his index.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Graveyard or a moody blue, grey and silver backdrop
Anything else we need to know:
Anyone who doesn't like religious themes, you don't have to go within any of that aspects and just illustrate as you, please. Don't let yourself be influenced heavily by that. Other than that, William is a neat character who cares not of others who are not deceased and has information for him.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Just a reminder, there's a week left to sign up! :)
Character Name: Azura'ellys
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/azuraellys
Species: Human/Dragon
Gender expression: Female
Personality: Protective. Reserved. Thoughtful.
Brief physical description of the character: Acrobatic. Freckles. Light-tanned skin. Moon-white hair. Sky-blue eyes.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Coasts. Sailboats. Windy days.
Anything else we need to know: I would prefer her human form drawn!

Character Name: Hekili'akos
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: https://www.rprepository.com/c/hekiliakos
Species: Human/Dragon
Personality: Brazen. Empathetic. Outgoing.
Brief physical description of the character: Athletic. Freckles. Dark-tanned skin. Sun-blonde hair. Fire-red eyes.
Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background) Forests. Forges. Sunny days.
Anything else we need to know: I would prefer his human form drawn!

Yes!
Cutting this one reaaaal close. 😳 Throwing in a few characters that actually have more updated refs. I'm fine with headshots if the artist doesn't feel like doing a bust. I'm not picky at all, I'm just happy to get character art.

Small Note: All of my OC's can be drawn in a variety of outfits, so long as they adhere to their respective aesthetics- although there is some leeway with a few. All character pages are a perpetual work in progress, so they might not have all the answers you need. Artistic freedom is welcomed if you can't find what you are looking for; let me see what that little brain of yours can do.

Humanoids

Xail
Character Name: Xailah Alptraum
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Goth Eldritch Catghoulfriend
Species: Cryptid, Eldritch Entity.
Gender expression: Female.
Personality: Highly unpredictable, Refined, Free-spirited, Imposing, Beguiling, Secretive, Shrewd, Curious, Creative, Patient. She is someone who lives fast and freely.
Brief physical description of the character:

Hair: Long, with bangs. Hair falls past her hips. It is a very dark brown in color. Texture falls mostly straight, but curls slightly upward at the ends.
Complexion: Pale like moonstone and alabaster. Has cool, rosy undertones. Ethereal.
Eyes: Gold. Pupils are slotted like a cats. Irises are slightly large. Has long lashes, and what one might call "bedroom eyes".
Build: Very feminine. Slender with long limbs, and a hourglass-shaped body.
Misc: Incisors are fanged. Ears are slightly pointed, though her hair usually covers them.
Scars/Markings: Moon-shaped birthmark on her back, and a starburst (no, not the candy) shaped scar on her left shoulder. Ears are pierced.
Aesthetic: Steampunk, Victorian Gothic. Dark cabaret/burlesque. Centers around delicate but powerful imagery. Pinterest.
Wardrobe: Metal and lace, delicate and imposing. Whimsical. Lady Mechanika is a great idea as to what her attire kind of leans to. When she is adventuring, that is. She may be found in more flowy garments. Typically always wears gloves and some sort of necktie/choker. Most worn colors are: Black, grey, white, purple and gold. Wardrobe board.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Dark, whimsical places. Delicate machinery. Cold manors. Circus and burlesque settings. Nighttime scenes are always welcome. Settings implicative of eldritch horrors.
Anything else we need to know: Xail has a bestial and lesser form, the former resembling a large panther-like feline and the latter looks like a small house cat. Both forms have dark brown fur and gold eyes, and are typically quadrupedal. Her bestial leans more towards the eldritch side of things. You are more than welcome to try your hand at these if you're not wanting to draw a humanoid.

Gigi
Character Name: Gigi Glamour
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Emotionally Turbulent Weaponized Toaster
Species: Robot
Personality: Haughty, Dramatic, Vain, Insecure. Has trouble letting go of things, especially her past life in the limelight.

Face Claim/Reference: Marilyn Monroe.
Hair: 1950's Monroe Pageboy. Purple. Permanently sculpted (it isn't "hair" it's more like the hair sculped onto action figures, so there are no individual or discernable strands).
Complexion: Pearlescent white. Unblemished. Has blue lights that trace along her face and body.
Eyes: Vibrant blue all over, and often lidded.
Build: Statuesque, hourglass. Curvy, with long legs.
Scars/Markings: Beauty mark on her left cheek. Wears bright red lipstick, rouge, and either baby blue or powdery purple eyeshadow.
Aesthetic: Romanticized 1950's Hollywood. 50's retro Sci-fi. Nostalgic, delusional, deceptive. Manic and melancholy. Her Pinterest isn't public yet, sorry. 😔
Wardrobe: Doesn't necessarily have a wardrobe. Her body resembles a cherry red "leotard" (best way to describe it) with a deep v-neck and a tall collar.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Nostalgic hollywood, theatres, cold space stations. Space themes.
Anything else we need to know: N/A.

Marty
Character Name: Martyr
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Uninvited Party Pazuzu {first page has a flashing image, just a small warning}
Species: Cryptid, Succubus/Demon.
Personality: A general menace to society. Provocative, rambunctious, rowdy. Free-spirited, headstrong, means well. Playful. Reckless.

Face Claim/Reference: Young Gwen Stefani (90's/No Doubt Era)
Hair: Alternates between black and blonde (blonde with black roots), often tousled, may have choppy bangs or a middle part. Shoulder length, and sometimes shaved on the sides. Very pliable in terms of style.
Complexion: Ghoulishly pale, with slightly pink tones. Has a deep brushing of rose along the sides of her face, accentuating her natural contours. Leoparding spots speckle the sides of her face and shoulders.
Eyes: Red towards the outside of the iris, and a fiery yellow in the middle. Irises are large. Pupils are shaped like upside-down crosses.
Build: Lanky and boyish with long arms and legs. Kinda scrawny. Some curves.
Scars/Markings: A crap ton of piercings. No notable scars. Sometimes wears heavy makeup. Has tatoos of demonic scripture along her spine and tail (but I have yet to draw refs for these).
Aesthetic: 80's/90's Punk Goth, and Grunge, with some dark y2k elements. Chaotic and visually loud. Has a lot of Satanic Panic elements. Purposefully edgy. Pinterest.
Wardrobe: See above. Tank Girl is a good reference for the cluttered, provocative style she leans toward. Wears a lot of black and red, but may be found in hot pinks and animal prints. Wardrobe board.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Dark, whimsical places. Edgy nightlife.
Anything else we need to know: N/A.

Anthros/Animals/Abominations

Schrö
Character Name: Schrödinger
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Just a Little Guy
Species: Feline- domestic house cat. Breed is Chartreux, but he bears a strong physical resemblance to a British shorthair.
Gender expression: Male.
Personality: Laid-back, very easygoing. Finicky, with a passion for food. Brave, but prone to worrying. Lazy. Patient.

Eyes: Vibrant copper. Round, but often half-lidded in a relaxed expression.
Fur: Mid-length, cool ash-grey. Hair is shorter on his head an body, but a little longer towards his tail.
Shape: He's a generally round little guy. Has a moon-shaped face and a rotund body.
Scars/Markings: None.
Aesthetics: Victorian Neoclassical, may lean a little towards Victorian goth. Aesthetics center around catty things and refined living. Pinterest.
Wardrobe: Well kept, often wears small suits. Wardrobe board. Not a lot of textures, dresses in mostly solid tones and accessorizes with cufflinks or ties.

Suggested environments (if the artist feels like adding a background): Cozy places (think cat). Old manors. Nighttime scenes are also fine.
Anything else we need to know: Character can be drawn with or without clothes, as well as bipedal or quadrupedal.

I am okay with some of my characters being drawn together. If you choose to draw my characters together note that their pairings are strictly platonic. No ship art please! Characters that can be drawn together:

-Schro+Xail
-Schro+Xail+Martyr
-Xail+Martyr
Martyr can be drawn with her "pet" racoon (he's just a ratty-looking feral thing she yoinked out of a dumpster).

Last day for signups, friends! Assignments coming at you tomorrow!

WAHOO! All assignments have been sent! Happy drawing, gang! :D
FIRST BLOOD
Cause I wanted to get it done before art fight

c6oPOAG.png

For CD!

SO PRETTY!
Ugh, love some good wispy hair action. It flows so well. Such pretty work! 🤍
Gab

Leighoflight wrote:
FIRST BLOOD
Cause I wanted to get it done before art fight

c6oPOAG.png

For CD!

Yoooo, this looks so cool!
Here's mine for dndmama 😊

dndmama.png
Roxy wrote:
Here's mine for dndmama 😊

dndmama.png

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(Translation: This looks fantastic and I couldn't love it any more. THANK YOU!!!)
Rai For Galaxy-Star
My turn to post! :D
For Solaris_Light

Hope you like it <3

Art
20230623_-_AT_RPR_-_solaris_light_-_Adalia_Romanova_2_SmallDeliver_v1.png 20230623_-_AT_RPR_-_solaris_light_-_Adalia_Romanova_2_SmallDeliver_v2.png
Art for B3ASTELY!!

Untitled281_20230626153345.png

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Summer Art Trade 2023! BUST PORTRAITS

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus