Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

"For the sake of this debate, let's just say I can still age like I used to," Mixie began. "Why in the hell would I make myself immortal for that? Would my lover be immortal too, or would I have to sit and watch as she gets older and dies in front of me? That'd hurt me, y'know! And what kinda consequences are we talkin'? Now it just sounds like a really stupid idea!"

Mixie paused. "To answer your question, doll: No."

"Hmmmm, what's your opinion on eldritch monstrosities? Do you think they're neat, or would you rather stay a respectable 30 feet away from them? Just curious, nothin' more!"
Mary stares off into the distance, as if in deep thought. "As I am... certainly not one of them. But I would love to just talk to them, after all I'm sure they have many fun stories to listen to, and I can ask them many questions, and they may or may not have answers but just to voice those questions would mean a lot to me." Mary sounded happy, "On the topic of asking questions," Mary glances over to the next person, "Do you like asking or receiving questions more? And why?... Just asking out of the rules here."
Lazarus Mercury (played by Avalon)

"I am notoriously anti-social, so answering them is easier since to answer all I have to do is say something, asking a question requires thinking of one first."

"Buddy of mine won't shut up about politics and world events, what's your opinion on talking that stuff with people? I've always figured its a good way to lose a perfectly good friend, not everyone does though."
Imir (played by Min-ya)

"Oh, hmm...Well, I don't like to ruffle feathers, and I can't say I'm keeping up with such matters well enough to speak about them confidently. I prefer to focus on the smaller things in life, things closer to home, and things that make me happy. But, I don't think it's good to be completely unaware, either."

"What's your opinion on eternal life? Would you see it as a curse or a blessing?"
Dralt (played by Libertine)

"It is commonly claimed that 'life is what you make of it'. Immortal life is no different. Longevity is not without its drawbacks, as time wears on the heart and mind, but I could not consider it a curse. Witnessing the passage of centuries requires no shortage of mental fortitude, as well as the acumen to follow a path one will not ultimately regret. Frankly, I have persevered ten times the life expectancy of a medieval man; I consider myself blessed to have not perished from plague or famine, but instead, lived long enough to experience the modern marvels of indoor plumbing and Netflix."
What is your opinion on travel by ship? Do you get seasick?
Are you frightened by the ocean's unfathomable depths, or enthralled by its majesty?
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

"Oh, I don't mind water really. My husband and I did go on a cruise up the British Columbia and Alaskan coast which was nice. The movement didn't bother me really. I was more enthralled by the majestic scenery, and Anchorage was a nice little city. I like ships better than airplanes. On a ship you can go outside. On an airplane you can't. Unfortunately, flying is on occasion for me a necessary evil."

Nina paused and sipped her coffee before she asked, "Do you like to travel by airplane?"
Neeva (played by Rook)

"Yes, because I must be the very first Chupakri to truly fly. If it is not First Class, though, do not even think of inviting me on there. I deserve no less and I have to be allowed to bring all of my pets, even my bees."

The rambling continues!

"What is your opinion on advanced alchemy?"
"Advanced Alchemy?! Oh I'm very interested in that! I just can't find any books on the stuff anymore but, if I could get my hands a a book or two I'd study that till I knew every page and every word."

She turns and looks at the next character with a smile "So what's your opinion on Space Exploration, and would you go if you had the chance?"
"We do it all the time," Eleanor nods, cleaning her glasses absentmindedly. "It's wonderful. I love my job, couldn't have asked for a better experience. It took Elliot a bit to get used to doing it so often, but I think they're just as used to space travel as I am."

"What is your opinion on parasitology? I know it makes a lot of people squeamish, but personally I find it fascinating."
Pluto (played by MeatCathedral)

"I've been called a leech before, so I suppose I'd enjoy parasitology." He says, tapping his fingertips against his chin. "I wonder if I count as a parasite? I would die without feeding on others... I suppose I'm just a rather complicated leech. "

"What's your opinion on clothing? Comfort over coordination? Practicality over fashionability?"
Zaharah (played by hexblading)

"Oh, darling. Never compromise on fashion, and the best of minds will always find a way to mix both practicality and presentation. Mix enchanted silk brocade and studded leather to give yourself the advantage you've always needed as a caster, then take them to a tailor to cover your chest and style them as necessary. You need to be imposing, and look the part at the same time. There's no point wearing an archmage's heirloom robes when they look like ratty pajama robes. Wear something that makes others fear you on sight; appearance is key."

What is your character's opinion on grey morality?
Something similar to a wry smile briefly lit up the dark eyes behind the mask. But Cris took her time to answer the question, trying to think of how to word it best.

"You know, I remember a line from an ancient book I came across... there's this character and he has differently colored eyes, one blue, one dark. Another character, who should hire him to pilot his vehicle, points out he's heard... highly conflicting things about him, and then asks how he can trust him when not even his eyes are singing the same tune. And the guy replies... 'It's your choice. Pick the eye you like best an' listen to it.' Grey morality is just like that... not any 'greater good' or 'supreme evil', just - pick, time by time, which course of action y'like best - which course of action feels more right - and stick with it. It might not be what everyone agrees on. It might not even be what is, objectively, right. But in the end, it's your choie and your call."

She got up, sheated the blade she had been contemplating. "Or, as the age-old saying goes... it's a dirty work, but someone's got to do it."

Thinking over the next question, she offered: "What's your opinion on adopting a culture different from the one you were born within?"
"Well, if it isn't Miss Killjoy," Mixie snarled at Cris, sporting another one of those creepy grins. "Do I have an answer for you, doll!"

Mixie's tail suddenly curled into the shape of a spring, the fin making contact with the ground. After regaining her balance, she had essentially turned it into a makeshift chair upon which to sit. She kicked out her horribly deformed feet. "Adoptin' the Underworld lifestyle wasn't an easy feat, y'know. It's Hell, did ya think it'd be all kittens and rainbows? Heheh, I didn't think so."

She paused to gather her words. "But if anythin', I think change is quite the bewilderin' experience! I feel right at home outside human culture, whether the Underworld wants me to embrace theirs or not. If anythin', I've never felt more alive!"

Mixie took a moment to ponder a new question. "On the topic of those morsels down in Hell, what's your opinion on demonic entities, hmmm?"
Hecate (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

"Demons?" The cat's head tilted to one side in curiosity. "Well, I've never met any... I don't think? Um. A lot of people say they aren't even real... but then again those are probably the people who say magical cats aren't real too, right? Um, anyway, I've heard a lot of bad things about demons, but I don't know... they're probably not all bad, right? Just like humans. Some good, some bad..." ('And all capable of giving gentle ear scritches', she thought to herself.)
"So um. What is your opinion on cardboard boxes?" She was oblivious to the fact that one of her very favourite things in the world, the cardboard fortress of naps and hiding, was a lot more mundane to most people, holding little to none of the magical wonder that a cat got from them when considered by a human.

"You know, I am usually not a cat kinda person, but I might make an exception for you. The crude jokes alone would be worth it." Lazarus gave the cat an affectionate stroke, "You are quite soft and smell a fair bit better than most cats I deal with."

(I totally did get the wrong forum, I thought I was in the one about your character's opinion on the one above LOL party foul)
"Think ya got the wrong game, son." His clunky mitts borrowed in his pockets, Randle waltzed onto scene, giving the humanoid and his new feline friend a friendly nod. "Real good to see you're willing to give some of us talking cats a shot, though. Speaking of, I'll happily take that food for thought ya plated up for us." Cardboard boxes, now that was somethin'. These cyberspace games never ceased to surprise. "Let's just say that, ehh.. I got a few tales to tell about those sorta boxes. I don't know how or why, but I've had severed limbs mailed to my office in those more than twice. Shame, really, because if I didn't automatically associate them with pools of blood and amputated flesh, I bet they'd be really fun to sit around in." Not to give the Hackway Sisters any praise, but at least they'd gone through the effort of boxing up his poor client's tail in a polished FauxWood™ case. Good grief, how he hated cases like those.. Some scum really had to drive it home that they had no sliver of morality left in their smelly bodies.

"Anyway, eh, not to traumatize ya good people from ever touching a cardboard box again-" he chuckled, then took a hand out of his trench's pocket to gesture about. "So, let's hear it; what's your opinion on god(s)-given powers? Should a lucky chosen one be able to use their gifts for whatever they want, or do they oughta pay their patron deity back for they've been given by serving them?" He had never met a chosen one like that, frankly, only someone who'd been cursed by their patron god, but the subject fascinated him nonetheless.
"That," Liqui coos as she manifests herself, "Is a matter of agreement between blesser and blessed. The only thing I request of those I grant power to is to do right by their fellow person, or at the very least not use it to abuse people. My brother, Storm, has no requests other than to use it. My sister, Ice, explicitly requires followership in exchange for her gifts, but she does count Death among her domains so that's probably for the best."

"As a general rule, though?" She ponders the question for a moment before hesitantly offering, "I would suggest at least considering the nature of the patron, I suppose. If they are a healer, heal. If they are a protector, protect. If they are a thief or spy, indulge in the occaisional bout of kleptomania or voyeurism. Listen if there are requirements, keep an eye out for your calling, if any, but otherwise use... semi-reaponsibly. It's not as though even the powers that be are exactly paragons of patience and responsibility."

"To whomever has one, to keep a bit on theme, what is your opinion on gods and the like upending mortal lives through gifts and visits? I know not everyone has been thrilled when I've come to say hello."
Anders (played by frostwyrmm)

"... You truly want my opinion of the gods' meddling?" Anders scowled at the blue figure before him. "Fine. They should just leave the mortal plane alone. For all the good they pretend to do, they ignore so much more." As Anders continued, his voice rose higher and higher. "You want to truly do some good?! Forget gifts, forget your 'friendly visits', and do something about the world you're supposed to care for! Stop wasting all our time and--.."

Anders lowered his voice, tipping his hat down to cover his eyes. "If you gods aren't even worth worshipping, why would I ever accept your 'visits'?"

Taking a deep breath, Anders turned away and asked his own question. "What is your opinion on the redeemability of criminals? After all, surely most people have something that's worth nurturing?"

"Some guys just can't be brought back around, a petty thief can pay his dues, I have seen it before. I've seen a guy murder a woman's son and through her compassion and forgiveness of being the only one to visit him bring about a change in him, he got out and took responsibility for his crime, an orphaned teen adopted by the mother of the fella he killed. Redemption is real, and it is quite beautiful. That said, I'm not an artist and I don't really care for art galleries, petty crimes are one thing, but I have yet to see a man who hurt a woman or a kid ever be more than a wolf - and I reckon Red Riding Hood ends quite differently if the huntsman doesn't do his job."

"What'a'ya think about people who don't read the terms and services before agreeing to 'em?"

(I got the right forum this time, hopefully, yay!)
Yaazecsus (played by Leighoflight)

"Wonderful creatures! makes my work a lot easier" The beast smirks.

"What do you think of people that DO read their contracts over and over again, nit picking at every.little.detail?"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (IC) What is your character's opinion on ..?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus