Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Describe the voice of the character above you

Feel free to provide a reference if you feel like it.
James Moriarty (played by Atheist)

Gruff, gravely, and brusque. Due to age and a long term indulgence in their vices, there is raspy edge, but authority demands adherence, and a stark, booming resonance compels the attention of those cast in it's striking wake.

Honestly, I'm getting Steve Downes feels -- someone who is pretty straight and narrow. He doesn't get all worked up and overzealous. He maintains his tone to an almost insanely disciplined degree. It is at least, how I'm picturing this. I hope I was somewhat accurate in my assessment!
Marcus Leocadus (played by Tyranoth) Topic Starter

Suave, sinister, and with serpentine finesse. An individual that does not use oration leisurely but who's every word carries distinct meaning and form, I suppose it wouldn't surprise you if I said I would associate the character with an accent reminiscent of the British islands, perhaps with more of a mild welsh brogue that adds a bit of intensity to the infrequent and complex orations. There would be structured nuances in the voice that could either result in menace or intrigue.

Antony Hopkins comes to mind.

"Welsh!? Hey, tá Gaeilge aige! He's a fellow countryman, which means he's Irish! From Dublin, I'll point out! Ah! these fecking foreigners! Amaidí é sin, amaidí ollmhór; sin deargamaidí!" He snarls revealing biased contempt. "I agree te Jim's assessment. That's all a'm saying! But maybe I should get Mrs. Doyal to give ye a better assessment!" Winks at Moriarty.
"Fecking Welsh! We're not loik those fecking sheep tupers ere!"

{I hope this was IC, as you have posted with your characters.}
Ciel Marie Durand (played by Falyn)

Her wide, slanted indigo eyes narrow sharply as a small feral smile lights the delicate features of her oval face. "You have a deep voice, sweet and lilting at the same time as to draw in the poor unsuspecting fool, perhaps most often one of the fairer sex. It's almost hypnotic that voice of yours. Dark, rich and promising things that...and then you really go opening your mouth with all kinds of uncouth, foul language! And not a word of thanks! You've gone and ruined the first favourable thoughts one might have had about your speech, there Irish!"

She closes her own mouth shut as she turns and spins on her heels, though soon after a string of mutterings in French and tiny growls could be heard as she walked away, head held high.

((Sorry, I can't use the video clip reference I want. Even Youtube has deemed it offensive and inappropriate for a general audience. XD))
"Posh, snarky, and all-around quite unpleasant. Like that one woman over in the munitions depot named Monika."
“Low, robotic but not the monotone robotic..”
"Soft and flowing, like that elf lady from 'Lord of the Rings'. No, not that one, the brunette. Arwel? I forget the name."

Author's note: He means Arwen
"Youthful, I reckon, but held back by the kinda jadedness ya oughta expect from a fella much older. Muted, a little moody, generally disappointed. Guess that living in your old man's shadow all the time tends to do that to a kid." Funny. Usually, Randle dedicated this sort of effort into sketching a face to match a voice, mostly whenever audio tapes became part of his collection of evidence, but the other way around was new territory for him. Based on the intel he'd been provided with, though, he was willing to bet that he wasn't too far off. "Keep ya chin up, kid, it will get better. I know one day, they'll hear your voice as your own, and not as an echo of whoever that mighty man Tony Stark was." He then moved forward to take his place on the voice-judging spot, putting a lifeless, reassuring hand on Theo's shoulder as he brushed past. "Ya got this, kid."
Kiro (played by TyroDragon45)

You sound like a mix between an australian and some random guy from brooklyn...And with a bit of pirate speak mixed in. I like it
"What are ya, an army general?" Mixie raises an eyebrow, causing it to disappear in her bangs. "You sure sound like it, doll. Y'know, the loud, commandin' type of voice? You're also pretty concise, too. Not spendin' too much time worryin' about chit-chat, hmmmm? Understandable!"
"I bet she has kind of a pleasant and playful voice, kind of a southern accent. But not like most southern accents, cause it would be kind of toothy...most southern accents don't have teeth." He grinned from ear to ear.
Sentinel (played by KingDragon)

"I would say it's a bright, youthful voice so full to the brim with the hope of adventure and new challenges, but of course, it bears the deep mark of maturity," Sentinel said, rubbing his chin lightly as his many crimson eyes stared at the ground about ten, maybe fifteen feet away from him. "It is a beautiful voice, and one that respectable women will invariably chase after. You are lucky, my dear Johnathan." He squatted down, patting his shoulder with a long claw before stepping back, receding into the shadows, only the luminescent eyes on his face and cane showing in the dark.
Sarait Dobra (played by Zenaida)

Sarait raised her eyebrows at the figure obscured by shadow her: tall, almost impossibly thin, holding a cane that glowed with inset blue gems. His eyes - if you could call them that - were unnerving, shining in countless vermilion spots behind a mask. Certainly not human, and certainly not like anything she had ever seen. Even the strangest fae from the neighboring lands looked far less unusual than him. "Well," she mused.. "It's deep, and it echoes, but not loudly. It sounds neither male nor female, despite its pitch. It has no accent, though every word is perfectly pronounced. Your voice is.... yes, mellifluous, that's the word. Somehow, when I hear it, it makes everything seem all right."
Zaye Dorens (played by Kloomsy)

Sarait Dobra wrote:
Sarait raised her eyebrows at the figure obscured by shadow her: tall, almost impossibly thin, holding a cane that glowed with inset blue gems. His eyes - if you could call them that - were unnerving, shining in countless vermilion spots behind a mask. Certainly not human, and certainly not like anything she had ever seen. Even the strangest fae from the neighboring lands looked far less unusual than him. "Well," she mused.. "It's deep, and it echoes, but not loudly. It sounds neither male nor female, despite its pitch. It has no accent, though every word is perfectly pronounced. Your voice is.... yes, mellifluous, that's the word. Somehow, when I hear it, it makes everything seem all right."

Zaye looked at the woman with an indifference, or a more correct term to put it, a polite stare that gave nothing about what he thought. She was around his height with lanky long limbs that resembled a spider. She was pretty in his eyes but even that felt odd about her. Her aura screamed at him to go away.

Of course, he didn’t. He stayed in his place with a firm foot. He examined her for a bit before answering the question given to him.

“Cold and dull. A mask that hides dark secrets and sickening lies, a mask that no one has yet to taken off. Your voice is the key to seeing behind your facade and yet you have perfected it to the point where nothing about you screams happy. Your voice holds your past, shares your present, and suggests your future.” he paused and dipped his head politely, “your voice is detached from any hope for goodness. You only live in a cold and cruel world. That is how I can describe your voice.”
OOC: He gives me the same vibes I would se... hear from Jhon Wick. A man of focus and sheer fooking will.

Alexandrina Duarte (played anonymously)

“One of those voices that make people surprised on how deep it is and maybe even comment on it like how it doesn’t match you.”
"Eyy, goin' off on looks, y'd have this mad feminine voice, singerly and silk-like, defo!" Sprite declared, showing off her own belief in her point with a sucked in smile and some confident nods of her head. "Schoolteacher-like, y'know? T'sorta chick most'd chill out listening too. Oh, y'accent'd be present too, f'course, but really subtle, showin' its mug only in 'em lil' words and letters, like y've been taught t'hide it but never really did." Similar to how her factory rat tongue shimmered through her taught Konian slang: a happy cocktail of both worlds, but consistent in neither. "Comin' anywhere close?"
Noah Lachlin (played by -Danny-)

I bet Sprite has one of them cute southern voices that makes your heart melt, makes steak, eggs and grits taste better...and leaves you just wanting her to call you sweet pea every time you talk to her. =D
Noah seems like the type of dude to have that smooth mellow voice that keeps everybody chill

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Describe the voice of the character above you

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus