Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Swamp
Savannah
Sahara
Chemistry
Paladin
Stonework
Demonic
Horse
Dragon
Alchemy (vials and beakers)
Fairy
Stained glass
Military dossier, paper clips, file folders
Aurora
Spiders
Tavern
Prison
Asylum
Egyptian
Lightning/electricity
Medieval
Druidic/Stonehenge
Venetian
Renaissance
Gypsy
Ancient civilization templates (Incan, Mayan, etc.)
Yin-Yang
Field of blades
Parasol (asian, gothic, victorian)
Books (mundane, magical, alchemy, etc.)

Also, I think it would be interesting to have more..flare?..to the Arcana sets. Not sure exactly what off the top of my head. But they feel a bit lacking.
SeraphicStar

Voting for Rock Concert, Spiders, Paladin and especially Atomic. I would vote ten million times for Atomic if I could XD
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

@THE_SauronRunecaster - Which of those would you actually use on your existing characters?

@SeraphicStar - I'm going to ask you what I ask everyone: What would you envision a Paladin template would involve? How does one visually communicate Paladinism?
SeraphicStar

Kim wrote:
@SeraphicStar - I'm going to ask you what I ask everyone: What would you envision a Paladin template would involve? How does one visually communicate Paladinism?

A very good question! I envision emblazoned shields, golden maces and swords, rays of divine light, and armored people standing tall and proud. And, of course, what comes to mind first of all is the classic D&D piece of art, "A Paladin in Hell", but I don't see that being very useful for template-building (though it does sum up my idea of Paladin imagery extremely well!).
I would like a rain template, perhaps two with the color variations of blue and gray. <3 I often end up making depressing characters, and I struggle to find templates that suit those in particular.
For the paladin:
One of the things that I think of is armor, as well as some wealthy things like gold
Javelins, swords, shields
White gold
Lots of shiny stuff
Decorations like a grand hall
Flags, suits of armor, statues
A horse?

Yeah, lotsa paladin stuff
TheCookiesAreGolden

Could we have a ghostly template? Like, ghosts and graves?
There's so many good ideas, hope I'm not repeating something.

But I think more magical templates would be nice. Something like this? Magical

Some less flashy templates and more serious ones? More minimalist so they fit with a wide range of characters? Or softer backgrounds like this? Snow

And more city backgrounds would be nice too, they're beautiful! City

Hope these help, I love that we can even choose templates to begin with!
I'm not super certain as to the proper function of this thread anymore, but...

Would it be possible to get a version of the Camouflage template in something resembling MarPat? Or maybe even a Desert MarPat?

I know I'm a little biased, being one of the Utah State Marble Champions myself, but I always thought they looked a little better than the "Where'd that rock come from" of the Army and the "Hide on a ship" of the Navy.

P.S.: PM me your interservice flaming. Bonus points if it's one I haven't heard before.
Perhaps some yellow templates? I really think a yellow Lightning template would suit my character perfectly.
rat

I would for sure love to see a superhero/villain themed template!

A halftone print texture for the background would be sweet, the text could be framed with panel style boxes, and the icon border and headers could be speech and SFX bubbles? (like this)

If anyone else thinks they'd have a use for it, I could make a mockup layout. I'm no good at coding though.
Claine Moderator

rat wrote:

A halftone print texture for the background would be sweet, the text could be framed with panel style boxes, and the icon border and headers could be speech and SFX bubbles? (like this)

If anyone else thinks they'd have a use for it, I could make a mockup layout. I'm no good at coding though.

I absolutely love this idea. I'd love to help you with it.
rat wrote:

I've been thinking of doing a comic book style template for a while now! Just never knew what the reception would be
rat

@Claine - I'd love to work on this with you, but I'm pretty sure that all user donated templates are for epic members only, so I wouldn't be able to use it myself. Still, it'd be fun to try designing, and other users might appreciate it! :D

@Moki - Your templates are always lovely! I'm unable to spare money for it though, so I thought I'd ask here so Kim could arrange for an official one.
I think a Balloon template would be nice. It's been discussed in the Discord before I recall, and while there is one, it appears more fungi-ish than balloon-like. :) I can see it being used in a very 'happy-go-lucky' and/or child/ish characters, maybe even depressed balloons?.
I also believe a few more yellow templates would be nice, like maybe a stage with a limelight bringing focus to the text? Something like the text widget headers being the 'bulb' and the rest of the widget being a light?
Another template idea would be 'Eyes'. The profile pic would be rounded and act as the pupil in an eye, there could be many types of eyes staring at you from the sides of the page and the widget headers would probably have eyes too? I think a lot of people using horror characters would enjoy this :D
I have no idea how to do this, but How about templates for Dark Winter, Ice, and a dark ice theme?
Floral Garden
Tropical
Paladin
Demonic
Horse
Dragon
Fairy
Stained Glass
Glamour (depending.....on what that meant)
Gems
Aurora (actually all the different colors in a template, not the ones we have now where it's basically on color of the spectrum)
Spiders
Tavern
Egyptian
Lightning/electricity
Medieval
Gypsy
Koi
Paper Lanterns
Parasol
Fireflies
Animal Templates
Books

If any of these have already been done then sorry. Perhaps need more. Can they also be free and not..ya know, "needs premium". The only reason I'd buy premium is for a custom template or one of the premium ones that that's too much money for me to dish out for a template x.x I wish everyone could do free customer css on their profiles...
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

The RPR has no official templates behind a paywall. :)
Hades_

Floral/Garden
Tropical
Sci-Fi
Aliens (Ufos, strange looking space ships, galaxies)
Dragon
Stained glass
Bubbles
Military dossier
Aurora
Tavern
Prison
Asylum
Egyptian
Lightning/electricity
Medieval
Druidic/Stonehenge
Renaissance
Gypsy
Ancient civilization templates (Incan, Mayan, etc.)
Field of blades
Koi (maybe part of the animal templates?)
Paper lanterns
Parasol (asian, gothic, victorian)
Fireflies
Animal templates (bears, foxes, rabbits, dogs, cats, lizards, etc)
Books (mundane, magical, alchemy, etc.)

These are my votes!
GlitterPrincess

Floral/Garden
Fairy
Demonic
Glamour
Child
Aurora
Military weapons
Tavern
Medieval
Renaissance
Parasol
Animal

Something with an insane amount of glitter or super pink would be awesome. Id use the hell out of that xD

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests (RETIRED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus