Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » What would your character do if...

"Traveling far and wide across the worlds, you say? And to never settle down?" Eleanor chuckled, gently blowing on her coffee, waiting for it to cool down a bit. "My friend, I do that for a living!"

Setting her coffee cup down, she pulls out her work tablet and pulls up a couple of holographic pictures of the various planets she'd visited over the many years of working in her industry. "I'm always on the move. I'm tasked with studying the various species on these planets. I live in my ship, it's my mode of transportation and my home. Think of it like a really expensive RV. I take it everywhere I go. It's my place to relax, no matter where I am. With Elliot, it makes things a lot less lonely, too."

Eleanor puts her tablet away and picks her coffee cup back up, taking a gentle gulp from it. "I don't think I'd ever settle down. There's so much to see out there."

Her grip on her coffee suddenly tightens as Elliot takes control. "Hi! So what would you do if there was an asteroid heading towards your planet? We nearly got hit by one of those things back in Hyperion. Not fun stuff."
Nina Phelps (played by Dawnia)

"There wouldn't be much I could do about it, so I would probably go pour a glass of wine and go watch the night sky and see what happens."

Nina sips her wine as she sits in the lawn chair in the back yard.

"What would you do if your car broke down out in the desert, you didn't have cellphone service, and a car could be heard coming. Do you flag them down or do you hide?"
A'sallit (played by hexblading)

"So that would be the equivalent of having one's mount malfunction or abscond upon them if organic, one's linkpearl be out of reach and another rider can be seen incoming." A'sallit pinched his chin, mulling about the question. "The base traveler is in all likelihood to be a transporter of some kind, but not to be odious and grandiose, years of experience in the profession has shown me that even the most innocent of profiles may hide something more sinister."

"It all boils down to what hand fate has shown you, and what you have in response. Flag them down, if walking what seems like an impossibly far distance to cover by foot. I'd keep a firearm ready, but everyone's entitled to their own methods of protection."

He rubbed his hands together, then tilted his head in thought. "What if... Hm. Imagine aiming for a position in the corporate ladder--and if you don't, let's imagine for a second. Imagine earning all the accreditations, accolades and achievements necessary, but you're short of one thing--societal advantage. Say you come from a family of no renown, of no worth but what you've earned for yourself. You're proud of yourself, and you should be. Then the job is handed to someone of lower qualifications, simply because they are of higher social status. In that moment, unfiltered and true to yourself, what would you do?"
"Tch..." Ch-tkt placed a robotic hand over the large sensor dome on the metal harness plating that covered much of his fluffy chest. From a nearby speaker, a mildly artificial-sounding gruff voice spoke, entirely at odds with the tone of the indignant noise he had produced from his jawless mouth prior. "Not hard to imagine," it said. "Social hierarchies are ultimately to blame for this." He spread his four robotic arms out in demonstration, before touching the sensor again, sending mental signals from his brain into his robotic arm, that conveyed those signals into the vocabulator.

"The irony of course being that this is an upgrade. Which leads to my answer. I would make my misgivings known. And should I be tossed aside for it like I was once tossed aside for not being the model example of cattle, I would strive to emerge stronger. Better. As I would in all factors of life. Of course, that would require me to be interested in a corporate lifestyle in the first place. I have had my fill of being a slave to profits. Still... Perhaps in another life... If I was any other species, at any rate."

Once again, noises came from Ch-tkt's mouth, this time thoughtful chittering, high pitched and insectoid. Skyttrki words of contemplation that had no direct translation, and thus he did not bother trying. It was an act of ingrained habit that he spoke them at all despite the words not going understood by most. The same way a human might hum and haw.

"If society placed a value on you for a specific trait, and that trait was taken away, what would you do to reclaim your place in the universe?" He asked once more in the synthesised voice. "If indeed you would do so and not give in to despair."
Seykal (played by Leighoflight)

"We have a value to society which is our skin...making us the target of hunters on the regular, if that was taken away I think I'd celebrate! I just want a peaceful life, no fuss to anyone, without the treat of death looming over me and my family constantly."

"What would you do if you were made famous by the actions of another and you actually haven't done anything to be famous for?"
Sarah Marlowe (played by Dawnia)

"I would enjoy the fame all the while looking into how it happened and who was responsible."
"If you were going to be tortured, what would you prefer, waterboarding or electric shocks?"
Paige (played anonymously)

“Oh dear … um… waterboarding? I’ve gotten shocked before and had to be resuscitated, so no on that.”

What would your character do if they had to smoke a whole joint all by themself?
Aegis (played by Thatnerdychick)

"I have no idea I can't smoke."

What would your character do if they were asked to help repair a barn
Mrs Mason (played by randomentity777)

"Don't worry, I'm sure I've got some gadget that can help."

What would your character do if they were required to procreate with an alien?
Wilson (played by sarcasyms)

“w-wait… do i have to? ah… i’d rather not.”

The room is shrouded in a thick fog, and once it clears, the man is nowhere to be found.

What would your character do if they were running late to school/work/somewhere important?
Big Blue (played by Samiakki)

Blue considered this question, crouching into a squatting position as she thought. Her clawed hand went to her chin and stayed there for a moment.

It was less so that she didn't understand the question, as she didn't have trouble listening to language in general as much as she did speaking it. The Dreamers' natural telepathy aided in this situation. It was more so the fact that she didn't quite grasp what it meant to be 'late' to something. She had no real concept of time, as Dreamers saw it as a human construct since it passed so irregularly throughout the Dream Realm.

And even if she did have a schedule - which many Dreamers do, despite their chaotic passage of time - she wouldn't know what it meant to be late in the first place. Rusalki got things done on their own time. Daytime went by, sometimes for an eternity, or it was nighttime. What exactly were daytime and nighttime? It's bright sometimes and it isn't. Fish sometimes revel in this and others didn't. She just liked to eat the ones that weren't hiding.

Thus, she looked up from her shrunken spot, arms now resting on her knees. She had settled on an answer at long last, for what made sense to her.

"N. . . NO. . . RUN." The 'R' sound came out like a very low growl. ". . . SWIM. YES. . . FA. . . ST. . . M. . . MORE. . . FAST."

It seemed her solution was to just not run in the first place. Or perhaps just to go faster. It wasn't clear.

"YOU. . . SSSS. . . SICK. . . EAT." She gestured cramming something into her own face with her hands. Then, she waved them outward to gesture a rejection of the food. "W. . . WHAT. . . DO. . . ?"

What would your character do if they ate something and were poisoned?
"... heh, funny you'd mention it - that's something that happened to me very recently, though it was not caused by something I ate but rather by something that bit me!" That stupid bug who had nearly sent her to meet her ancestors ahead of time was still a very sore topic for the vigilante!

"Let's say that in my case I was luckier because slow-acting poison and small bite meant I had some time to look for help - I just didn't know how much time I was left with. And I was on the run from local authority. And had to keep my cannibalistic partner-in-crime from eating people while we were looking for said help. And I was dying - no, I already said that."

"Now food poisoning usually acts faster so it's very often a question of how quickly you can get to hospital, and that's exactly what I'd do - call a medic, an ambulance, ask to be taken to the nearest ER. Technically trying to throw up in the meantime would probably help lower the dosage of poison in the system, so uhm... that." She made a gesture of sticking two fingers in her throat. "But only after I knew medic assistance is en route. Poisons aren't things to take lightly."

"Assuming they got it out of my system before I kick the bucket,... next thing as soon as I can walk would be find out who put poison in my food, - and they better have finished writing their last will before I track 'em down! If they're so lucky that I find them first... because spoiler: some of the alternative scenarios could be far worse!" She wass usually a live and let live person, but too many people of late seemed to have an issue with the letting live part when it came so her, so as the latins would have it; Mors tua, vita mea!

"Anyway. That was an interesting one. As for mine, let's see...." She pondered about it and snapped her fingers. "I've got it. What would you do if you were suddenly given the power of turning invisible at your wish?"
The power to go vanish? hmmm I think:

Drago: If Drago could vanish he would use the power to sneak up on people and scare them with a draconic rumble.

Mini Might: If This dude could Vanish he would use it for mischief and the ever persisstent hunt for snacks and cuddles.

What would your Character do if:
If they had the power to make 3 Magical wishes.
Cold as Ice (played by PinkBrat)

Three wishes? Easy. Each one would be something to help make her the strongest in the world. Perhaps beyond that. Limitless power, immortal. Maybe the ability to enslave anyone she wants. The wishes would bring nothing but misery for everyone else.

What would your character do if they were able to change the past for someone other than themself?
Paragon (played anonymously)

Tilting her head, a finger in her sunny blonde hair twirling the strands as she thinks idly. The wheels in her pretty little head ever turning as gracefully as her curvy body, "Well, I'd do it if it was to rehabilitate a villain and turn them into a hero." Her shoulders shoot up as she smiles with such a sunny disposition she can light up a room!

What would your character do if they had the genius and inventive capability of Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four?
Drago says: "i would invent a way to shrink down to human size so i dont break anymore furniture in taverns"

Mini Might Says: "I...i... would invent an never ending suply of snacks and a cuddle machine for when there no humans around to give me hugs!"

What would your character do if: If they had the power to breath any environment and teleport anywhere in the multiverse
Brock (played by Jaws)

(OOC: The wheel loves Brock a little much)

"With such powers, that would defeat my purpose of being 'normal'", he begins then starts to think about it. "I would teleport to a beach cabin or something like that for a little vacation", he smiled, "Dennis will enjoy a little break and my wife would be joyed at free transportation."

“What would you if you only attracted the thing you wanted to avoid?”
Drago: i would eat the thing and hope it did not harm me

Mini Might: i would run away!

What would your character do if: everything they touched turned to gold.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » What would your character do if...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus