Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » This or That

The Renaissance for sure. The Victorian era was elegant and regal, but an incredibly dark time for people who weren't nobles. And even as nobles, it was still dark and twisted. For example green was a very populr color, but the green dye used to make it was made with arsenic and other poisonous chemicals to make it vibrant. Pictures were taken with post mortem family members, and people who weren't nobles would often perish to diseases and children often didn't make it to age 5.

Apologies for the tangent haha, huge history nerd :P

Do you enjoy sleeping or put it off?
Felicia_Marie2000

Well it kinda depends.... I mean I do love sleep but I can't always get it.

Starbucks or LaCroix?
Liam Zohe (played by Alidal)

"I dont know what either of those are, but the bane La Croix sounds fun..."

"How about... swords/knives or hammers/maces?"
I am going to have to go with knives. I was once told that a hidden blade may one day save you life.

Lose your sense of hearing or your sense of sight?
Calypso and Kairo (played by GingerHades)

"Hearing." Kairo snarls. "Being deaf doesn't seem so bad compared to listening to an annoying green leech who refuses to mind his own damn business...!"

"Spend time with other people, or spend time alone?"
Rhith (played by LunarValravn)

(Neutral Anima)
(Dark Anima)

" Alone" Rhith growls while rubbing his temples. "It gets tiring listening the endless bickering of how I should be!"

"Says the one who makes deals with millions but I agree. For different reasons"

"What!?" He sits up, ears perked and eyes wide, as he turns to see his scarred self standing in the shadows. "Go back to your time. This is MY answer"

With a sigh the jackal turns to the next. "Upper class life or the underground life?"
The breath Cris drew was sharp, almost painfully so. That question had hit a sore spot.

"... that's a tough one. Ah, yes, it's tough", she murmured. Her eyes behind the mask were distant, almost clouded. "If I'm to be fully, brutally honest... even before I found out the corruption and deceptions it concealed, I already loathed upper class life." THe word came out a hiss, full of resentment and contempt. "I hated their shallowness, their empty lives that they filled with frivolous past times, their selfishness, their hypocrisy... too arrogant and too stupid to do anything that wouldn't just reflect well on their 'reputation'! So I ditched them - my parents, the Clan with all its airs and graces - to flee in the underworld, but I would do it again, if only I could."

And then her anger seemed to ebb... giving way to something else, a sense of exhaustion. "But the underground life, with all its perks... the constant adrenaline high, the respect you get because you earned it the hard way, the freedom it offers, the adventures... it also means danger, uncertainty, and ultimately never letting the guard down. Not even for a minute. Not even when you're dying to. Because it could be the moment that costs you... all."

She sighed. wrapping her arms around herself. "And so when it was not just myself at stake, but my family.... the love of my life, and our children... I knew it was back to the upper class that we had to return. Where..." her eyes darkened, "at least you can buy a pretense... an illusion of safety."

After some instants, she reached for the katana strapped to her back and placed it against a nearby chair, then unholstered her raygun and set it down besides it. "Which one's your pick? Guns or blades?"
Eric Gwàiwù (played by Dib2435)

" For me it's depends on the job and situation " Eric said as he closes his eyes with a serious smirk on his face " being trained on using both weapons, I will usually keep both on me at all times. I do use a gun more than a blade. I keep several guns with different kinds of bulties for different kinds of jobs. After you can get caught with a knife in a gun fight "

" Okay would you rather be chase by a vampire or a wearwolf? I have experience both and I perifed none "
"Me and my band Threat of Invasion play D&D over at our friend's house who happens to be my drummer, Matt's boss. Anyway, my girlfriend Starla's cleric Heala can turn undead, so she'd save my dwarf, Killor. I'm going with vampire! I would hate to catch Lycanthropy," Trevor said. "So, singer or lead guitarist? Which would you rather date... I know what Short Stuff would argue for!"
Lucy Lewis (played by Felicia_Marie2000)

"Well.... Really depends on who is the singer and who the lead guitarist is." Lucy said before thinking for a moment. "I'd say lead guitarist though." she added with a smile.

"I'm curious.... Money or love?" Lucy asked.
They tapped their chin sarcastically and rolled their eyes. "Money."
Money could get you anything you wanted, if you had enough. While some might argue that love is more valuable, companionship and value can be bought as well, so...

They wanted to come up with a simple yet thoughtful question, and would leave the interpretation up to the responder. "Yin or Yang?"
Anton (played by MeatCathedral)

"Yin." He said after a long moment of ponder. He seemed disappointed in his own answer.

"Violin, or Piano?"
Kai (played by Rayne_Storm)

"Piano!" He said with a bright smile.

"Dogs, or cats?"
Cohen Magnus Howler (played by Icysoul)

Cohen blinked, head tilted. "I mean, I like both. But dogs." He mused, nodding.

Guns or knives
Korë (played anonymously)

Her face lit up at the question, hands wiggling to free herself of her long droopy sleeves. With a bit of showmanship she waggles her fingers and whisks one hand over the other. Sleeves shuffling softly. With a sly smirk and a squint she reveals what’s up her sleeve: a dagger! ta-da!

Knives was clearly the best choice.

Savoury or Sweet food?
Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

"Sweet, but savoury is also fine, better when added to sweet."

Black or White?
"White, like the blaze of my carbines firing and the eyes of the terrified pilots that face me."

Fight a horse-sized turkey or a turkey-sized horse?
Laurentius (played by hexblading)

"Horse-sized turkey. Those things are fierce as hell, and shite, I wanna throw hands with one of 'em. If I die fighting one, even better."

"Live to eat, or eat to live?"
"Hmmmm... Y'know, a lot of those morsels down in hell would say 'eat to live' was the correct answer..." Mixie's arms were folded, her back leaned comfortably on the wall, her tail gently swaying across the floor. That wily grin was creeping up her face. "But in my eyes, it's live to eat!"

"Be the hunter, or be the hunted?"
"Be the hunter, even when you are the hunted", Cris dryly assured, without looking up from the blade she had been checking out. "That's how you screw the system and keep on surviving." After replacing the sword, she asked pensively:

"Broadsword or rapier?"

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » This or That

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus