Posted by Kim on October 17, 2019, 10:40amIt's that time of year again!
Visit the IC forums for the rest of October and look for topics with titles that begin with "Trick or Treat". These are open roleplays - though there may be some restrictions on how many people can approach the door at once - so feel free to stroll your own characters down the walk and see what fate has in store!
This is a super fun event that allows for lots of quick scenes and introductions between characters who would have never ordinarily met one another.
Find a topic!
- Trick or Treat: The Crow's Nest by Myrrdin (played by Yersinia)
- Trick Or Treat: Wandering Star Cafe! by Andromeda Estella Maris (played by CriticalParadox)
- Trick or Treat :: Vendors of the Trader's Hub by The Trader's Hub (played by FreeJayFly)
- Trick or Treat: Marth's Haunted Cruiseliner-CLOSED by Marth Vexx (played by JoJoApples)
- Trick Or Treat: An A-Maze-ing Day by Juddson (played by Marie)
- Trick or Treat at Gary's House (closed) by Gary Portelli (played by AgentMilkshake)
- Trick or Treat: Downtown Cafe (closed) by
'Arieo' Leonarieo(played by nightmqre)
- Trick or Treat: Mina's Spooktacular Soiree by Wilhelmina (played by MissPixie)
- Trick or Treat: Nightmare Corps HQ by Nightmare and Undead Warriors (played by TheNightmareSavage)
- Trick or Treat: Slytherin Halloween by
Isobel Waters(played anonymously)
- Trick or Treat: The Mysterious Maze (Closed) by Alder (played anonymously)
- Trick or Treat: Maverick's Accidental Haunt 👻 by Maverick Jackson (played by Vanderhuge)
- Trick or Treat: Maximum Candy Cornage by
- Trick or Treat in the Castle of Lions. by
Lance(played by JetStorm)
- Trick or Treat: A Sugary Halloween by Sugar Glitch (played by xSethx)
- Trick or treat: Sam and Jayces Party by
Sam Recaro(played anonymously)
- Trick or Treat: Mooncat's Pizza by Viro Serut (played by Jabberwookie)
- Trick or Treat: Your Local Pub by Nancy (played anonymously)
- Trick or Treat: Austin's Game by
Austin Kennedy(played by KansasVenomoth)
- Trick or Treat: Pix's Place (Closed) by Pix Feir-Sil (played by Voldarian_Empire)
- Trick or Treat: Sunny Pines Funeral Home by Willy (played by Kruhee)
- Trick Or Treat: Axel's Haunted Laboratory by Axel Ozul (played by FlamingPsycho)
- Trick or Treat: Witch’s Abode by Anathema (played anonymously)
- Trick Or Treat: Hanley's Spacer Place by Hanley (played anonymously)
- Trick or Treat: Salem's Pumpkin Patch (Closed) by Salem Lynch (played anonymously)
- Trick or Treat: Masquerade's Masquerade Ball by Masquerade (played by Dndmama)
- Trick or Treat; The Bee and Barb by Neemus Xercles (played by Arcol)
- Trick or Treat: Cecille's Laboratory by Cecille Gadhavi (played by AJ_89)
- Trick-or-Treat: Are You Brave Enough? by Maeror (played by JustaBitEvil)
- Trick-Or-Treat: Royal Vampire (CLOSED) by Ingrid Suren (played by MercyInReach)
Want other people to trick or treat your character's residence?
If your character is ready to accept IC trick or treaters, please first read the rules. Then, post up a topic in one of the IC forums (General RP, Sci-Fi RP, Fantasy RP) using a topic title like this: Trick or Treat: Your Character's Name Here
Describe your character's home, then sit back and wait for the IC trick or treaters to start rolling in.
Feel free to post the link to your forum topic in the comments of this post if you want more visitors, but this post will auto-update tis list
Rules and tips
Start only one trick or treat topic per person. You can trick or treat in as many topics as you like, but please, post only one topic of your own so that we have enough trick or treaters to go around.
This is a friendly event, even if your character is normally a baby-soul-eating demon -- please do not join in order to assault or harass other characters. Moderators are on duty to help if things get weird!
Closing your topic: If you need to close your trick or treat topic to new visitors before the end of the event, please add the word (closed) to the title of your topic. Include the parenthesis. This will remove your topic from our lists of eligible topics in the news posts.
Stay flexible: Also keep in mind, sometimes trick or treaters need to go AWOL during their scenes. Stay flexible and don't get too caught up in a posting order, so that one person needing to study for a test doesn't prevent others from ringing your doorbell during this two week event.
Accolade eligibility: You're eligible for candy accolades for each thread you trick or treated actively at any point during the event, meaning you kept participating at moderate levels until the mini scene was over (your character exiting counts as the scene being over), or, if you did your best but stopped receiving responses from the OP before you could complete the scene. You cannot earn candy for trick or treating your own topic, not even as an anonymous character. You must visit other people's topics to earn candy accolades.
You can earn a jack-o-lantern accolade if you host a Trick or Treat topic for at least seven days, between October 14th and October 31st. You must respond consistently to all trick or treaters until either they post leaving, the event ends, or you close your topic to new trick or treaters with a wrap-up post and change the title to include (closed). If you simply stop responding before the 31st, you may be disqualified from getting a neato pumpkin! However, you are strongly encouraged to keep your Trick or Treat topic open until the end of the event.
Accolades can only be awarded on user profiles -- if you participated in the event as an anonymous character, you will receive a message asking for your permission to award the accolade.