Posted by Kim on November 11, 2023, 9:00am
Inspired by real-world events of a similar nature, this week-long OOC event aims to broaden our minds and showcase the rich diversity of our community.
Players interested in becoming "books": pick a unique aspect about yourself. (As per RPR's rules, religious and political topics should be avoided.) It may be cultural heritage, a niche hobby, an unusual profession, etc. Then post a topic in the Smalltalk forum that starts with "AMA" and includes some details about whatever you picked. Please only post one AMA topic per person to avoid overwhelming things!
- AMA: self-employed basket weaver
- AMA: Lakota heritage
- AMA: kayak marathoner
- AMA: raptor rehabilitator
- AMA: 5 years with Parkinson's disease
You can then then peruse the "books" by asking appropriate, well-meaning questions.
We are here to learn about (or teach) new things, and as such, there's a possibility for some questions to be worded gracelessly--effort should be made to educate, not shame ignorance. Questions may be along the lines of:
- What was the hardest race you ever did?
- How difficult is typing with Parkinson's? What do you do to make it easier?
- What do your birds like to snack on?
This event will go through the 19th of November! Thanks to Ilmarinen for dreaming up this event
Ask Me Anythings
- AMA :: Cosplayer and Tangled's #1 Fan (probably) by Five
- AMA: Poledance Instructor by VivaLaVida
- AMA: Retired at 23 and in a 5 year LDR by Mirabell
- AMA: Furry artist and Song mixer by GU7TMUNCH3RZ
- AMA: A Life with Fibromyalgia by Kloomsy
- AMA: Living with Dissociative Identity Disorder by strawberry_champion
- AMA: Songwriter who has never put out a song by DigitalDevil
- AMA: Webcomic Artist by Claine
- AMA: Raising Chickens without a farm. by TheSliverChicken
- AMA: Living with POTS and AuDHD as a Web Designer by solaris_light
- AMA: Professional Singer by Cass
- AMA: Syringomyelia & Fibromyalgia sufferer by FelineGod1
- AMA: Participating in NaNoWriMo by CelestinaGrey
- AMA: Molecular Testing in Cancer by Pengolodh
- AMA: Navy Veteran by AgitoAceXIII
- AMA: Forever DM, Author, and Full-Time Nerd! by Anakisuto
- AMA Emergency Services by DarkonDreams
- AMA: Professional web developer & SEO specialist by Sanne
- AMA: PizzaPro by KansasVenomoth
- AMA: Studying Abroad in Seoul, South Korea by sonjangtiny
- AMA: Ask The Librarian by Ladywrath231992
- AMA: TEFL Teacher Living in China by Kidd
- AMA Raised by a Goldsmith by fiesch
- AMA Accident Prone doesn't begin to describe it.. by TornBySanity
- AMA: Self-Published Author by MercyInReach
- AMA: I needlefelt by Aardbei
- AMA Gym Manager, Student and Vol. First Responder by Tyranoth
- AMA: Autistic guy, Vocaloid cover maker, furry by Jooters
- AMA: Psychology student by VeraVe
- AMA: Living With BPD and ASD by Xx_Ashy_Bear_xX
- AMA - RPR Mod by Auberon
- AMA; Life with ADHD by Bell-Boi
- AMA: Marching band, Choir, Musical, Play by FrostWolf
- AMA: hEDS, chronic illness, and art. by sunshinemutt